On Telly If ....

Just now, alanharper said:

The fact that there's only that one available train,  which won't be big enough to accommodate everybody who wants to get back to Sheffield by train that night? 

Would it really have been so difficult to put it on at 4pm and have the London derby kick off at 6pm? 

No, that's how it should have been done, no question

The hope will be that that train has more carriages added to it. I can't remember how big the last trains on a Sunday normally are but I think EMT regularly put 7/8 carriages on the London to Sheffield service normally. Fingers crossed they put whatever the maximum is. Maybe they should try to strategically delay the train before then by about 10/15 minutes to give some a chance to do the trek from Chelski to the stations to share the load... fingers crossed some sort of common sense prevails and EMT do all they can

In recent years haven't they been putting on FA Cup Semifinals at 5 pm for international tv audiences? 

All well and good if you support a London based site, but a flipping nightmare if you're traveling from say Manchester, Liverpool etc. 

30 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

But the last train from London St Pancras directly to Sheffield is at 9:30... giving people an hour and a half or so to get from Chelsea to St Pancras/Kings Cross. 

What's the problem?

actually - 1:30 to get from Stamford Bridge to StP/KX isnt all that much time...

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

That's fine if you only need to get to Doncaster, most of us will be wanting to get to Sheffield.

Only one realistic train back to Sheffield which is at 9:30 (unless you leave early or get really lucky in getting out of the match and back to St Pancras by 8:40) and even then it gets back after midnight.  I wonder if they may put on a special train, but given that we don't even know if we'll be playing there until next Tuesday night it leaves it a bit late.

There are a number of us that need to get back to Barnsley but due to Northern Rails continuing weekend strikes have no chance. This has been happening for months now and has been a real pain coming back from away days.

39 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

actually - 1:30 to get from Stamford Bridge to StP/KX isnt all that much time...

Is it not?

I've never done the trip from Stamford Bridge myself, but I know for me personally getting from the station entrance at Earl's Court to the top of the escalator at the EMT platforms at St Pancras is pretty much 30/35 minutes... if I'm wrong in thinking it should only be an extra 10 or so mins on top of that then I hold my hands up

26 minutes ago, s73owl said:

So is it on the BBC then? Can't see it on here

Screenshot_20190111-114508_Chrome.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46824379

The FA Cup fourth-round tie between Arsenal and Manchester United will be live on BBC One on Friday, 25 January.

It is one of three games being broadcast on the BBC that weekend, with Millwall v Everton (Saturday, 17:30 GMT) and Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton (Sunday, 18:00) also live.

The fifth-round draw will be on The One Show on Monday, 28 January from 19:00.

You can also watch the third-round replay between Southampton and Derby on BBC One on Wednesday, 16 January.

Gary Lineker will present coverage of the meeting between Arsenal and United - 13 and 12-time winners respectively - alongside pundits Alan Shearer and Ian Wright. Kick-off at Emirates Stadium is at 19:55, with coverage starting at 19:30.

There are four live fourth-round games on BT Sport: Accrington v Derby or Southampton (12:30 on 26 January), AFC Wimbledon v West Ham (19:45 on 26 January), Crystal Palace v Tottenham (27 January at 16:00) and Barnet v Brentford (19:45 on 28 January).

2 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Aye, when there's thousands of football fans queueing to use the tube station outside Stamford Bridge there's no guarantee you'll get onto a train that'll have you back in town in time, it's the same at most grounds. I remember absolutely cacking myself in the queue at the station by Villa Park as three trains went through and I only made it onto the last one that could connect me onto my train back to Scotland.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46824379

The FA Cup fourth-round tie between Arsenal and Manchester United will be live on BBC One on Friday, 25 January.

It is one of three games being broadcast on the BBC that weekend, with Millwall v Everton (Saturday, 17:30 GMT) and Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton (Sunday, 18:00) also live.

The fifth-round draw will be on The One Show on Monday, 28 January from 19:00.

You can also watch the third-round replay between Southampton and Derby on BBC One on Wednesday, 16 January.

Gary Lineker will present coverage of the meeting between Arsenal and United - 13 and 12-time winners respectively - alongside pundits Alan Shearer and Ian Wright. Kick-off at Emirates Stadium is at 19:55, with coverage starting at 19:30.

There are four live fourth-round games on BT Sport: Accrington v Derby or Southampton (12:30 on 26 January), AFC Wimbledon v West Ham (19:45 on 26 January), Crystal Palace v Tottenham (27 January at 16:00) and Barnet v Brentford (19:45 on 28 January).

Thank you sir