iFollow help

Looking for some help with trying to watch away matches on ifollow (season ticket holder, go to aways when points allow), I used to have a free VPN but that stopped working so have now paid for Avast Secureline VPN which allows me to choose anywhere in the world, yet the wednesday website just says your access is restricted from this location. It’s as if it still knows there’s a VPN (which is kind of the point of a VPN that sites don’t know where you are). Anybody know how to get round this? DM me if you’d rather not put it out on here. TIA

WAWAW

6 minutes ago, pinowl said:

Use either Chrome/Safari. Make sure to add WebRTC Block to browser add-ons. Pick a VPN server location that's outside UK. Clear cookies n history and try website again.

Apologies... Use Firefox for overall performance. WAWAW

13 minutes ago, pinowl said:

Use either Chrome/Safari. Make sure to add WebRTC Block to browser add-ons. Pick a VPN server location that's outside UK. Clear cookies n history and try website again.

I’m using chrome, have cleared all history, cache etc. But not got the webRTC block, could that be the issue? 

Cheers 

When I was home for Xmas I wanted to watch the boxing day game behind my paid VPN, I use Vypr. iFollow wasn't having any of it, even to the extent that my account was locked. I just think they are cracking down on VPN users trying to "scam" the system. There is probably a way around it but it may involve jumping through some hoops.

12 hours ago, Markhs21owl said:

Looking for some help with trying to watch away matches on ifollow (season ticket holder, go to aways when points allow), I used to have a free VPN but that stopped working so have now paid for Avast Secureline VPN which allows me to choose anywhere in the world, yet the wednesday website just says your access is restricted from this location. It’s as if it still knows there’s a VPN (which is kind of the point of a VPN that sites don’t know where you are). Anybody know how to get round this? DM me if you’d rather not put it out on here. TIA

WAWAW

This 'your access is restricted' started just before Christmas. A few posters were reporting the same thing.

I find it quite odd because it will not let you even sign in on the swfc website which make me wonder if it is a 'glitch' of the website as opposed to an iFollow 'glitch'.

Try again by visiting a more obscure European country. If you do this and the swfc website does not state 'your access is restricted' before logging in you should be ok.

• Thanks 1

@Markhs21owl I'm with @Twaddle ... www.swfc.co.uk maybe clunky but I'm more inclined to believe the bulk ip address block or Neulion have noted the names of particular servers used by NordVPN , ExpressVPN and mass blocked users attempting to sign in from those 'Fake' named ISP's .... My advice would be not to sign in as normal then click VPN as others have confirmed Neulion have nailed that and permanently closed accounts.  My advice is choose the most OBSCURE REGION from your chosen VPN offerings ((make sure your history/cookies are clear before you attempt to head to swfc.co.uk)) ... if it allows you to sign in without the "Access Restricted From This Location" then I assure YOU'VE NAILED IT pal.   WAWAW

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2019 at 08:19, MrSoul said:

Try signing in before activating VPN . Once signed in (tick to remain signed in)  turn on VPN  and refresh page.

Hopefully that will work for you

I just tried this and it worked....cheers.  Opera still works, but I'll do this for now until we all get banned!  :duntmatter:

Edited by Suzuki_San