Rhodes

Guest The Claw
5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not making the mistake of asking that chap anything again!

Could you imagine living with him?

Do you fancy fish for tea tonight, love?

Oooooooooh, I know a few things about fish that would shock you. You'd think twice about having fish for tea if you knew what I know.

Like what?

It's not my job to tell you.

Er, OK. But I spent quite a bit on it. Surely it'll be OK to eat? What's the worst that could happen?

Nope, not telling. It's not my fault you don't know.

:duntmatter:

NA your not my type, a bit of an egotistical wee pipe

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Can you blame him ?

It’s like anything else he didn’t get a chance agreed 

But he’s contract with Sheffield Wednesday he should be raring to play for the team when he’s given the opportunity

Not saying I rather stay at my Loan club thank you If that’s the case and he feels like that good Ridens I only hope they buy him I do not want anybody in a blue and white shirt that doesn’t want to play for the blue and white shirt and play for the club and the fans that’s just how I feel

That doesn’t just go for JR that goes for all the team

Edited by Owlsend

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Well that's not very nice, is it?

I'd tell you what I think of you in return, but it's not my place to make public.

hand bothered - wee wee off

2 hours ago, The Claw said:

I aint no bell end - go back to FGR silly man

silly man’ ??? mighty tough words there 

FGR is the local team, when I can’t make the 7hr round trip to Sheffield due to work / family. But I like fickle fans telling me who to support.... as I’m such a silly man

:picnic:.... bell end

To say Rhodes "didn't get a chance" at hillsborough is bit strong, he didn't take the chances he got is nearer the mark...He showed nowt did he?.

Now theres various theories about why that is, 

The reason there are various theories is because we all jumped up and down when we got him, so his honeymoon period with the fans lasted longer than mosts would, in fact its still ongoing.

Sam Winnal is the other end of the scale, shunted out to Derby after getting few chances, rumoured to be because he FFell (sic) out with our star player.

We all badly wanted Jordan Rhodes to succeed here, it didn't happen for whatever reason, whether its not fitting into the system, bullying, too much pressure?...Who knows...

It didn't work, and I doubt it ever will..If he is worth that much, lets see how much Norwich offer eh?

Guest The Claw
16 hours ago, j17tjp said:

silly man’ ??? mighty tough words there 

FGR is the local team, when I can’t make the 7hr round trip to Sheffield due to work / family. But I like fickle fans telling me who to support.... as I’m such a silly man

:picnic:.... bell end

fight fight - prik

On 14/01/2019 at 02:26, AwokenGiant said:

Sadly whatever pace he did have has gone - he looks like he’s running on treacle at times. 

I agree - when he ran he did look as though he had Velcro on the bottom of his boots or he’d pooed himself. 

I honestly think it was a self-confidence issue, and the problem was in his head rather than in his feet. 

I’m sure that he really wanted to do well with us particularly with his dad being here. 

I don’t think his recent career was handled well by Carlos, and Karanka before him. 

He’s a decent chap and I hope he regains his form, as his record of goalscoring in the Championship speaks for itself. 

I think that he’ll stay with Norwich, but If he does return to us, I’m sure that Steve Bruce, more than anyone, would get the best out of him if the ‘best’ is still there. 

Edited by snufkin123
Punctuation changes

On 14/01/2019 at 16:57, asteener1867 said:

To say Rhodes "didn't get a chance" at hillsborough is bit strong, he didn't take the chances he got is nearer the mark...He showed nowt did he?.

Now theres various theories about why that is, 

Yeah he got a chance alright. Don't think CC/Jos wanted him though. The way we set up tip tapping going backwards and sideways suits no foooker especially Rhodes.

I believe if he was in the piggie side or L##ds he would be on 15 goals plus now....only reason he isn't with em is cos they can't/couldn't afford him.

aimho of course.

Not keen on this modern style of tip tap back shyte football. Bit of a dinosaur tbh, it is purely coincidental that the top two teams in the league are up and at em and gerrit forad quickly type teams :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah he got a chance alright. Don't think CC/Jos wanted him though. The way we set up tip tapping going backwards and sideways suits no foooker especially Rhodes.

I believe if he was in the piggie side or L##ds he would be on 15 goals plus now....only reason he isn't with em is cos they can't/couldn't afford him.

aimho of course.

Not keen on this modern style of tip tap back shyte football. Bit of a dinosaur tbh, it is purely coincidental that the top two teams in the league are up and at em and gerrit forad quickly type teams :rolleyes:

Well I know I didn’t Would he really thrive in high press sides like Weeds and the Piggies?

On 11/01/2019 at 00:13, S36 OWL said:

But we persevere with Dave with a similar record. 

Even I, as a Dave-sceptic, can see that as a massive tree like figure, he offers more if he doesn't score than Rhodes, who can run and run and not make a dent on the game. 

On 16/01/2019 at 17:42, Daizan10 said:

Even I, as a Dave-sceptic, can see that as a massive tree like figure, he offers more if he doesn't score than Rhodes, who can run and run and not make a dent on the game. 

I can only assume the offering you're referring to is the constant free kicks that Nuhiu gives the opposition defenders.

Ive changed my mind about Rhodes.

the forwards we had when we bought him, coupled with the way we played at the time, he was the wrong fit for us. i didnt want him.

then he started playing, and he was worse than i could possibly have imagined.. off the pace, missed quite a few chances you would expect him to bury, not to mention our other forwards offered more in the way CC had us playing.

then a breakthrough, a club actually want to take him on loan, i couldnt get him out the door fast enough.

i wanted him to bang in loads of goals every week so we could sell him for LOADSAMONEY!!!!

But now ive changed my mind. while he hasnt broke into the 'Narchh' first team every week, hes shown enough in his cameos, the types of finishes.. even when they lost 4-3 to Derby the other week Rhodes came on late and crashed a half volley on the turn, onto the underside of the crossbar last minute.

hes started popping up in the right areas again, scoring the scruffy goals. he wont dominate a defender like Fletcher, he wont smack one in from 25yds like FF, but hes re-found that knack of ghosting into areas at the right time, scoring scruffy goals, and clever goals with deftness of touch.

Not to mention we as a club are in a diff' place to where we was when JR arrived.. is it 12 players out of contract this summer?

big rebuild needed. while i was never an advocate of changing the way we played to suit JR when he came, we now have a clean slate with new manager, new ideas and with JR still in contract, its not a bad problem for steve Bruce to have is it!