Rhodes

6 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Ive changed my mind about Rhodes.

the forwards we had when we bought him, coupled with the way we played at the time, he was the wrong fit for us. i didnt want him.

then he started playing, and he was worse than i could possibly have imagined.. off the pace, missed quite a few chances you would expect him to bury, not to mention our other forwards offered more in the way CC had us playing.

then a breakthrough, a club actually want to take him on loan, i couldnt get him out the door fast enough.

i wanted him to bang in loads of goals every week so we could sell him for LOADSAMONEY!!!!

But now ive changed my mind. while he hasnt broke into the 'Narchh' first team every week, hes shown enough in his cameos, the types of finishes.. even when they lost 4-3 to Derby the other week Rhodes came on late and crashed a half volley on the turn, onto the underside of the crossbar last minute.

hes started popping up in the right areas again, scoring the scruffy goals. he wont dominate a defender like Fletcher, he wont smack one in from 25yds like FF, but hes re-found that knack of ghosting into areas at the right time, scoring scruffy goals, and clever goals with deftness of touch.

Not to mention we as a club are in a diff' place to where we was when JR arrived.. is it 12 players out of contract this summer?

big rebuild needed. while i was never an advocate of changing the way we played to suit JR when he came, we now have a clean slate with new manager, new ideas and with JR still in contract, its not a bad problem for steve Bruce to have is it!

I want to agree with you.  I really REALLY do.

9 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Ive changed my mind about Rhodes.

the forwards we had when we bought him, coupled with the way we played at the time, he was the wrong fit for us. i didnt want him.

then he started playing, and he was worse than i could possibly have imagined.. off the pace, missed quite a few chances you would expect him to bury, not to mention our other forwards offered more in the way CC had us playing.

then a breakthrough, a club actually want to take him on loan, i couldnt get him out the door fast enough.

i wanted him to bang in loads of goals every week so we could sell him for LOADSAMONEY!!!!

But now ive changed my mind. while he hasnt broke into the 'Narchh' first team every week, hes shown enough in his cameos, the types of finishes.. even when they lost 4-3 to Derby the other week Rhodes came on late and crashed a half volley on the turn, onto the underside of the crossbar last minute.

hes started popping up in the right areas again, scoring the scruffy goals. he wont dominate a defender like Fletcher, he wont smack one in from 25yds like FF, but hes re-found that knack of ghosting into areas at the right time, scoring scruffy goals, and clever goals with deftness of touch.

Not to mention we as a club are in a diff' place to where we was when JR arrived.. is it 12 players out of contract this summer?

big rebuild needed. while i was never an advocate of changing the way we played to suit JR when he came, we now have a clean slate with new manager, new ideas and with JR still in contract, its not a bad problem for steve Bruce to have is it!

At last this thread has broken out in common sense, await Steve Bruce to implement more of it.  

On 14/01/2019 at 09:38, The Claw said:

I say again - not my fault that 99% of our fan base was not there - I got tickets at the third attempt - there was plenty of spare seats too - seems you and they missed out by not trying to attend - ODEAR!

On 14/01/2019 at 09:41, j17tjp said:

what a bell end

On 14/01/2019 at 13:06, The Claw said:

get fiked

On 14/01/2019 at 13:51, j17tjp said:

Good one. A very mature journo response 

:stuwinky:

On 14/01/2019 at 14:28, The Claw said:

I aint no bell end - go back to FGR silly man

On 14/01/2019 at 14:29, The Claw said:

hand bothered - wee wee off

On 14/01/2019 at 16:43, j17tjp said:

silly man’ ??? mighty tough words there 

FGR is the local team, when I can’t make the 7hr round trip to Sheffield due to work / family. But I like fickle fans telling me who to support.... as I’m such a silly man

:picnic:.... bell end

On 15/01/2019 at 09:02, The Claw said:

fight fight - prik

On 15/01/2019 at 11:04, j17tjp said:

:CEO: you sooo funny 

On 15/01/2019 at 13:32, The Claw said:

key board warrior

4 hours ago, j17tjp said:

You’re* a terrible speller

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

and you are full of poo - wich is a bigger issue than spelllinggg

3 minutes ago, The Claw said:

simple for simple

Is this what they call a lovers tiff ?

lol

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

No, he hasn't. 

No he wasn't.

No he isn't. 

3. tbf he is the main reason we are in this predicament.

2. and at the time (with what we had and what we needed) he wasnt a great signing

but number 1, you're right he hasnt gone yet. and its doubtful a club will pay what we want. but 12 others (minimum) ARE going.

so maybe we can now build a side that plays to JR strength, i think he has proved in his short time at Norwich that given a full season of playing time he would get you 20+ goals... well i cant see any of our others doing that right now, nor can i see us affording someone who can.

Guest The Claw
2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Is this what they call a lovers tiff ?

lol

The adulation thrills me

He's on the bench again tonight. 

Seems to be very much a "super" sub for Norwich, albeit they are flying at the top of the division. 

As they were saying in the Sky studio before tonight's game: 

He (Rhodes) is a fox in the box, but his overall game is lacking in comparison with Pukki (hence why the latter starts). 

Personally, I just can't see him ever coming back here and be some great success. Would love to be proved wrong and tbf he carries more of a goal threat than some of our forwards. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's on the bench again tonight. 

Seems to be very much a "super" sub for Norwich, albeit they are flying at the top of the division. 

As they were saying in the Sky studio before tonight's game: 

He (Rhodes) is a fox in the box, but his overall game is lacking in comparison with Pukki (hence why the latter starts). 

Personally, I just can't see him ever coming back here and be some great success. Would love to be proved wrong and tbf he carries more of a goal threat than some of our forwards. 

Think the best we could hope for, and him, would be a similar role he now has at Norwich Goals from the bench is a useful attribute It’s just a lot of money to pay for such a service

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think the best we could hope for, and him, would be a similar role he now has at Norwich Goals from the bench is a useful attribute It’s just a lot of money to pay for such a service

Well yes. 

His signing will go down as one of the worst ever. 

An 8 million pound vanity purchase, done when we didn't need him. 

I'd imagine that 8 million, plus his wages, played a pretty significant part in bringing us to our knees with respect to Profit and Sustainability. 

It’s working for Rhodes at Norwich 

it suits everybody 

I’m not sure what he’d bring to our team at the moment and what he could have done for us this season with what we’ve seen 

all I can see is it’s doing no harm for anybody him being there

let Steve Bruce come in and asses this team and have his clear out in the summer 

if Norwich like him enough and he carry’s on like he’s doing and ends up promoted with them they might purchase him especially with the money they will get 

if they like him enough but don’t go up they might table a bid anyway 

if he comes back to us he has a clean slate and hopefully a much more positive changing room and attacking team to have a preseason 

put it this was I think it’s better for everybody that Rhodes is playing his part in there success 

it would have been another car crash season for him here and devalued him even more 

30 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s working for Rhodes at Norwich 

it suits everybody 

I’m not sure what he’d bring to our team at the moment and what he could have done for us this season with what we’ve seen 

all I can see is it’s doing no harm for anybody him being there

let Steve Bruce come in and asses this team and have his clear out in the summer 

if Norwich like him enough and he carry’s on like he’s doing and ends up promoted with them they might purchase him especially with the money they will get 

if they like him enough but don’t go up they might table a bid anyway 

if he comes back to us he has a clean slate and hopefully a much more positive changing room and attacking team to have a preseason 

put it this was I think it’s better for everybody that Rhodes is playing his part in there success 

it would have been another car crash season for him here and devalued him even more 

We need Rhodes to start scoring - to get on a scoring run that fires Norwich to promotion. That is the only way we can hope to get any value from him IMHO.  

Edited by shandypants