Rhodes

3 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Although we know Rhodes cannot return this season do you think Bruce will want him back for next Season?

Bruce tried to sign Rhodes at Villa and providing we get some players who can cross could he be a success?, this time round

If he comes back, which I believe he will, as nobody will pay the sort of money we want, he will have the same role as he has at Norwich It’s the role he had when he left here, and it’s the role he’s best suited to at this level

I doubt in my heart the lad has any long term future here. I thought that before we signed him to be honest and that was a thought only strengthened after he arrived. 

That said...

The future is unwritten.

For all we know Bruce might think he's a useful lad to have on the squad.  

He'd certainly look more of a threat the way we have played more recently since we have ditched the "100 passes across our back four while the opposition retreats and regains their defensive shape" approach which has haunted much of the last two years.

We'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, notts0wl said:

No, 5 goals in last 24 games.. He's never shown anywhere near the right potential.. time to move on and forget about that waste of money. 

But we persevere with Dave with a similar record. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alas JRs best days are well behind him,boro had our knickers down,lets hope its a lesson learned.Hopefully he can seal a perm move to Norwich,wel take a massive hit on the fee.

We could have speculated on some non league kid or an in form lower league marksman and saved a fortune.Rhodes was down to Carlos

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Although we know Rhodes cannot return this season do you think Bruce will want him back for next Season?

Bruce tried to sign Rhodes at Villa and providing we get some players who can cross could he be a success?, this time round

... Is gash

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But we persevere with Dave with a similar record. 

Adthe has a much better goal scoring record, holds up the ball very well and adds something different,

chuck him on when your 2-1 on to run down the clock or whatever. 

Not to mention he will be on peanuts comparatively... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 minutes ago, notts0wl said:

Adthe has a much better goal scoring record, holds up the ball very well and adds something different,

chuck him on when your 2-1 on to run down the clock or whatever. 

Not to mention he will be on peanuts comparatively... 

A better goal scoring record? For one season yes but over a career hell no. 

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

56 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Alas JRs best days are well behind him,boro had our knickers down,lets hope its a lesson learned.Hopefully he can seal a perm move to Norwich,wel take a massive hit on the fee.

We could have speculated on some non league kid or an in form lower league marksman and saved a fortune.Rhodes was down to Carlos

You could speculate and write something we can understand.

Anyway, How is he going to get a permanent move to Norwich?  No chance.

If we had have took a gamble on a lower league player fans would still moan we never spent money if they knew money was available.

He's an arm around the shoulder kind of player. He needs confidence instilling back into him, something I don't believe our two previous managers, nor karanka at Boro, we're good at. Had he been at Cardiff under Colin, I believe he would have been much better due to his almost insane man management skills.

He could come good under Bruce as I feel he is a far superior man manager than anyone we've had for a long time, but time will tell.