Hull pubs for saturday

Old town and the pubs round the docks are really nice.  It's just a bit more of a walk away.

New town (next to the shops) is about as crap as it gets..but cheap as chips

Wish I was going to be honest.

Last time I went the atmosphere was brilliant

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Hull-based Owl here. Right, all the pubs near the ground are either poo or ban away fans. The best places to drink are out on the marina, Green Bricks or Minerva are the best, but it's a good two mile walk from the KC. Princes Ave is good for a bit of grub and an expensive European lager, and the old town is fantastic but again, a decent walk away. Ye Old White Hart in old town is a great pub, as is Lion and Key, but avoid new town. Rough as a paddy's ar5e.

On 10/01/2019 at 22:12, vulva said:

Was also one near the Harbour called Waterfront. Think some smack head burnt it down. As it was Hull the suspect list was narrowed down to 80,000. 

I used to go to the Waterfront frequently in the 90s and really enjoyed the place.  It’s still going, but now has a different name, Atik.  I also spent some time in the Tower and it was pretty grim. 

For those who are driving I would have thought it might make sense to come off the Clive Sullivan Way at Hesse and have a drink there rather than closer to the ground.  Another option for those with a little more time would be to go to Beverley for a drink. I love the place and it’s infinitely nicer than Hull.

Like someone else posted the New Walton club used to house mainly only away fans. 10 mins walk from the ground. The Brickmakers arms used to let away fans in despite the sign saying no away fans. ditto the boot room.

all down Walton street.  There's hardly any trouble makers going nowadays so everyone will be safe.

On 10/01/2019 at 21:20, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

First time I went to Spiders I was warned about the drinks. Ignored the advice and drank 4 green monsters in about half an hour, then went into town and ended up hammered.

Woke up the next morning having pissed and shat the bed.

Post of the year so far:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, zico.b said:

Just on the way back and I seriously wish I could say the same for Hull.

'1980s calling' would be being kind. Made the worst bits of South Yorkshire look classy.

Beverley was good zico, can't remember much after though :carlosswfc:

3 hours ago, zico.b said:

Just on the way back and I seriously wish I could say the same for Hull.

'1980s calling' would be being kind. Made the worst bits of South Yorkshire look classy.

Yep. 36 years here and I can agree with you completely.