Liam Ridgwell

7 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Lucky dog, living in Vancouver. I spent three months among the posh grannies in Kerrisdale about 10yrs ago, and I still see that damned city whenever I close my eyes.

(Luckily I’ve managed to block out the posh grannies, like.)

But hoo boy, Vancouver. It really is ridiculously lovely.

I kind of hate you. Gizza job 

lol

Wow - Kerrisdale... very snotty area... LOL
MLS takes some stick from fans overseas BUT we do now have a pretty solid league that is helping develop US and Canadian players.  I rank it as comparable to upper end of League 1 - It's nice to get some live footy and supporting 2 teams means it's the football season year round...  Recent expansion teams Atlanta and LAFC have both pushed the quality levels up another notch - In fact,  since (Whitecaps) came into MLS in 2011 the quality has definitely increased and players that had an easy time getting into games back then would really struggle now...   
As for Ridgewell - like I said he has slowed down - he would definitely have been a good pick up if he was 3 years younger - time has just caught up with him... plus I think he likes living over here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Wow - Kerrisdale... very snotty area... LOL
MLS takes some stick from fans overseas BUT we do now have a pretty solid league that is helping develop US and Canadian players.  I rank it as comparable to upper end of League 1 - It's nice to get some live footy and supporting 2 teams means it's the football season year round...  Recent expansion teams Atlanta and LAFC have both pushed the quality levels up another notch - In fact,  since (Whitecaps) came into MLS in 2011 the quality has definitely increased and players that had an easy time getting into games back then would really struggle now...   
As for Ridgewell - like I said he has slowed down - he would definitely have been a good pick up if he was 3 years younger - time has just caught up with him... plus I think he likes living over here...

The Timbers Army loved Ridgewell.

Their record without him is worse than with, but he just hasn’t played enough football over the last couple of years.

When he was fit any playing he looked a class above though, which tells you a lot about the standard.