Liam Ridgwell

Living over here in Vancouver we get to see Portland Timbers quite often.  I have noticed that Liam has lost a step or two past couple of seasons.  He was actually out of favour early last season but played himself back onto the squad and was in the MLS Cup lineup in December
Portland are on a bit of a rebuild so I wasn't surprised to see him cut.

That being said - he is a fierce competitor and was captain of the Timbers up until last season and might be able to help shore up our defense (at the right price) he can definitely last a full 90 and is pretty close to being match fit since he last played about 5 weeks ago....  Would he be interested in a move back home?  Not sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Whitecap Owl said:

Living over here in Vancouver we get to see Portland Timbers quite often.  I have noticed that Liam has lost a step or two past couple of seasons.  He was actually out of favour early last season but played himself back onto the squad and was in the MLS Cup lineup in December
Portland are on a bit of a rebuild so I wasn't surprised to see him cut.

That being said - he is a fierce competitor and was captain of the Timbers up until last season and might be able to help shore up our defense (at the right price) he can definitely last a full 90 and is pretty close to being match fit since he last played about 5 weeks ago....  Would he be interested in a move back home?  Not sure!

Add to that - I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was picked up by Orlando - Sean McAuley (ex Owls)  made the move to Orlando last year and they are also in a big rebuild after the Kaka debacle...

53 minutes ago, Bigaltheowl said:

Just seen he is leaving Portland Timbers solid,experienced could he do a job for rest of season on a free although is 34 !!

Join a lot of Our team waiting in the queue at the post office for their pension on Tuesdays Do we really need to have one more 

4E9F3DC0-387C-4B1B-B822-AEB4B25F1ABE.jpeg