'The Deal' - start to my holiday book

Think at times you are best sticking to being a fan and just concentrating on the playing side of the club.

Shining a light on the dark corners of football ownership, finance, agents etc and you are likely to lose some of the magic and appeal of the beautiful game.

(I just mean as an individual fan. Investigative journalists play an important role to under cover murky stuff happening)

Edited by matthefish2002

9 hours ago, marconi said:

When I leave you I will leave you in good hands.

Yeah sounds like it, looks like he'd have sold to anybody. Or am I missing the point?

Exactly. Whoever came up with the money first had the club. Lucky for us Mamadov didn't. 

Still very wary of DC so will comment no further on that.

13 hours ago, marconi said:

When I leave you I will leave you in good hands.

Yeah sounds like it, looks like he'd have sold to anybody. Or am I missing the point?

This was always a weird thing to say. If Milan means he did enough due dillegence to not flog us to an obvious fly by night pirate, then I believe him. However he also wanted/needed to sell the club, and make no mistake that was his priority.

It’s literally impossible that Milan could ever guarantee things wouldn’t go sour with a new owner 3 years later.

4 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

This was always a weird thing to say. If Milan means he did enough due dillegence to not flog us to an obvious fly by night pirate, then I believe him. However he also wanted/needed to sell the club, and make no mistake that was his priority.

It’s literally impossible that Milan could ever guarantee things wouldn’t go sour with a new owner 3 years later.

seriously ? The meeting with the mob in the book mentioned in this thread  and the 'sale' to HM    enough due diligence?

Milan said he would sell us to a guy with the money to take the club forward. 

We are now up against it with FFP. because that guy has spend to much money trying to take the club forward.

I would say from Milan's point of view he got it spot on.

15 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Posted about this on here st the time, when there was a thank you Milan spunk fest going on and was shot down by virtually everybody on here lol 

So Milan wasn't a born and bred owl ? Who'd have thought it. I bet he was in it for the money.  

:ph34r:

Although to be fair, he came along at the right time.

• Haha 1

On 9 January 2019 at 20:57, brian joicey said:

Seb Coe knows about as much about Sheffield as Teresa May ! 

At least he's been to Sheffield. Imagine a German Chancellor or French President, for instance, had never visited one of their major cities - and not just while in office.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So Milan wasn't a born and bred owl ? Who'd have thought it. I bet he was in it for the money.  

:ph34r:

Although to be fair, he came along at the right time.

I think a lot of the fan base thought he bought the club because he loved the club lol

On 10/01/2019 at 07:13, RUMBELOWS91 said:

What makes you say that Scram?

I'm not a big reader tbh but I really enjoyed it for the most part (some of it was a bit self indulgent I thought, but I could get passed that)

Would you say it's inaccurate, or paints agents in a better light than it should maybe?

It's not so much the technical detail - it's the author's total narcissism that put me off

He makes out that he invented the game!

Then put it back on a stable path whenever it veered off

You'd honestly get the impression that football would have ceased to exist were it not for him

Pity really because as you say - there is a story in there about deals, agents and the dark arts