'The Deal' - start to my holiday book

So I've just returned from holiday and I've been reading a book that's a couple of years old, 'The Deal - Inside the World of a Super Agent'

The prologue features an interesting story about Milan and his efforts to flog us. You can read some of it for free here...

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=JArJCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT6&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

• Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, marconi said:

When I leave you I will leave you in good hands.

Yeah sounds like it, looks like he'd have sold to anybody. Or am I missing the point?

Of course he would have, hence the Mammadov thing, up until Mammadov had all his money frozen by the lol 

1 hour ago, scram said:

Got to say this book is barely readable imo. In fact I had to take a break from reading it because it's so horrendous. 

Garbage

FFS......That sounds ominous. I bought it a couple of weeks ago!! How do you take a book back on Kindle....!!!! lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, marconi said:

Yeah sounds like it, looks like he'd have sold to anybody. Or am I missing the point?

Posted about this on here st the time, when there was a thank you Milan spunk fest going on and was shot down by virtually everybody on here lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scram said:

Got to say this book is barely readable imo. In fact I had to take a break from reading it because it's so horrendous. 

Garbage

What makes you say that Scram?

I'm not a big reader tbh but I really enjoyed it for the most part (some of it was a bit self indulgent I thought, but I could get passed that)

Would you say it's inaccurate, or paints agents in a better light than it should maybe?

7 hours ago, marconi said:

Always thought that regardless of what everybody thought, business is business! No sentiment when you’ve got millions invested and millions to be made  :stuwinky:

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's a very good read. Makes you think about club ownership and deal making a bit differently, as well as touching on many other aspects of the game.

I'll skip the pope pic  Rich  even Neil promoted this a few years ago  before removing the boardroom

as outrageous as it read then you'd think MM would have sued if not true

whenever people mention that MM would've only sell us to the right buyer  -  it presumably meant they had the cash 

• Thanks 1