Squad value

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

It bears no relation to reality.  According to the link, Adam Reach is worth £3.6m, Bannan £2,7m, Joao £1.8m, Dawson just £90k 

And Abdi £1.35m :ghoulguy:

It's probably based on weekly wages, and with everyone on £40k that would seem about right. WTF:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, poite said:

Most interesting thing in that article is trying to figure out what is going on with Steve McLarens hair.

Barber [dying inside]: And what’ll it be this month, Steve?

Steve: I think I’ll finally go for the full clipper job, Jerry. It’s time.

Barber: Very good si-.. wait, what? REALLY?!

Steve: Haha no, OXBOW LAKE ME JERRY

[additional plot twist: the barber’s name is Carl]

:duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As a comparison Man City match day squad tonight that won 9-0 valued at £530m .WTF:

16 goals in last two home games...................... we are lucky if we see that many all season. :duntmatter:

Haven't looked at the article but, squad value doesn't mean to much. The optimum for a team of our status should be low squad value, high league position. I'd be delighted if our squad value was ten bob and our position was top six.

Edited by Morepork

6 hours ago, poite said:

Most interesting thing in that article is trying to figure out what is going on with Steve McLarens hair.

So then schteve, how would you like it cut....

Just put a stripe down the middle please Melvin, that'll do for today....

Schteve.....Schteve.....you forgot your brolley!!!!!

Adam reach 3.7 million Bet we are wishing we took the 10 million from Villa now lol No seriously we paid 5 million for him is value has gone down  because what as he done for the first 1 years He’s was here was  terrible last six months has been brilliant But squad Value on this sort of sites are useless we all know it’s different in the real transfer Market

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Haven't looked at the article but, squad value doesn't mean to much. The optimum for a team of our status should be low squad value, high league position. I'd be delighted if our squad value was ten bob and our position was top six.

Like the pigs 

• Haha 1

Statistics, statistics and damned lies comes to mind. Players are worth what another club is willing to pay for them, Reach cost circa £6.5 million, his detractors valued him at next to nowt, and he’s now supposed to be worth over £12 million, so who the hell knows?

As has been said, their source is not exactly accurate. That said a players worth is whatever someone is prepared to pay. 

On that point, seems the going rate for a premier league player is now £50m. Both Wilson at Bournemouth and tarkowski at Burnley quoted as £50m!

Both good players, but jeez worth  nowhere near that figure, even with the TV money they get, that level of fee is unsustainable.

17 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

According to the Yorkshire Post
We are 10th
£43M

Piggies are 15th, Wilder will go fooookin mental, he though there was only us with loads of dosh
£35M

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/this-is-the-market-value-of-every-squad-in-the-championship-and-the-total-is-more-than-1billion-1-9528021?page=3

It is subjective.