Aiden Fitzpatrick - aparantly were looking at him.

If we are to sign this fella, then it must be to add talent to our high flying U-18's side just like we did by signing Conor Grant from Shamrock Rovers and O'Brien from non league.

Glad we are scouting outside England and looking to add talent all the time.

8 hours ago, steelowl said:

Rhys McCabe   was a young scot start we pinched  yup that worked 

Rhys McCabe (as I said at the time) had played less than 10 games in the Scottish top flight in his entire career, he looked very average in those games and at the time when Wednesday signed him he had achieved nothing yet in his career. He was a gamble who didn’t pay off but I’d still say he was a better player than Sean ‘flair’ Clare.

And by the way if that is the standard of Wednesday’s academy, and it is players like him and George (2nd Division in Belgium) Hirst that are the best that we can churn out and come up with, then some serious questions need to be asked about what return the club are getting on investment. True there are some promising players breaking through now this season but when was the last time Wednesday produced a player that genuinely made it and went on to bigger and better things? I’m struggling to think. 

Clare given the fanfare (no exaggeration) is one of the worst midfielders I’ve seen in 30+ years watching Hearts. I’m hopeful after a full preseason he might end up doing something next year but I’d happily see him sent out on loan because from what we’ve seen so far he is not good enough for the SPFL at the moment. I appreciate the injuries he has had but he should still show some semblance of ability when playing which he hasn’t. He’s not young either so I’m not having that excuse, Hearts genuinely have 16/17 year olds better than him in his position in Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald. Hopefully he can and will build a career at Hearts but I’m genuinely amazed Wednesday were wanting to keep him on. Very disappointing player and it’s excruciating seeing Levein persist with him.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Never miss a chance to post this picture of Third Lanarks old ground. 

Gather some sunday league team is now playing on it. 

With the ghosts of the old terraces still visible.

Related image

Related image

Image result for cathkin park

There was some talk of the Club reforming a few years ago.

But I never heard if anything came of it.

Maybe some of our Scottish based fans might know if it ever got off the ground @Glasgow Owl @Edinburgh_Owl?

Third Lanark are still kicking around the amateur leagues but I’ve not heard anything in the news about them having a proper go at it again and re-establishing recently. Their Twitter page is still active so they are definitely still playing but I don’t know if the reformation rumours are still happening. I don’t know anything about the Fitzpatrick laddie either I’m afraid so I can’t comment or give any feedback. I’ll ask my Partick season ticket holder supporting mate and see what he says.

I called Mulgrew many years ago when he was still at Aberdeen, I suggested Callum Paterson last year when he was leaving Hearts, and some folk on here were convinced Hunt and Liam Palmer were better than Callum but now he’s Cardiff’s top scorer and their best player in the Premier League. lol Stevie Bruce if you’re looking and want me to scout in Scotland for you just PM me pal.

There are a number of young Scottish players that have made it in the Championship, it’s really not that much better than the SPFL. I’ll get pelters for saying this but I would fancy the top 4/5 clubs in Scotland to beat several Championship sides and I’d say they’re at a similar level.