Owl burns Madine shirt

44 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Is it me, or do the Star seem to be trying to put massive spin on the Madine to United transfer? Making out that Madine wanted to play for United while he was still an Owl, Owls fans so disgusted by Madine’s ‘defection’ in choosing to go on loan to United,that they burn his shirt etc I personally don’t know any

Owls fans who are even the slightest bit angry!! It’s funny more than anything!

Its as though United have spoken to The Star and asked them to assist with pro Madine propaganda.

• Haha 1

Who even cares.

The pigs after being linked with Jermaine Defoe have just gone and signed Gary Madine who hasn’t been prolific at any level since we got promoted from League 1, even last season where he moved to Cardiff for £6m he scored less than Nuhiu.

To add to that he’s split their fan base, meaning it’ll turn sour if he doesn’t deliver the goods (which I don’t think he will) and he once got nicked for smacking a pig fan after he told Madine he was a pig.

Most Wednesday fans I know found it hillarious when they heard about this transfer.

11 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Is it me, or do the Star seem to be trying to put massive spin on the Madine to United transfer? Making out that Madine wanted to play for United while he was still an Owl, Owls fans so disgusted by Madine’s ‘defection’ in choosing to go on loan to United,that they burn his shirt etc I personally don’t know any

Owls fans who are even the slightest bit angry!! It’s funny more than anything!

Its as though United have spoken to The Star and asked them to assist with pro Madine propaganda.

Seems that way.

James Shield was at it yesterday with his usual spin piece.

Outside of his indiscretions, I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

He's not exactly the first ex-Wednesday player to have played for United is he. Further, he's hardly some sort of Wednesday great. Had a decent season in League One and then was a massive tw@t from that point onwards.

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Seems that way.

James Shield was at it yesterday with his usual spin piece.

Outside of his indiscretions, I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

He's not exactly the first ex-Wednesday player to have played for United is he. Further, he's hardly some sort of Wednesday great. Had a decent season in League One and then was a massive tw@t from that point onwards.

I think United are that worried about their fans not taking to him after the Sharp video and his Owls past, that they are doing all they can to get fans onside.

4 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I think United are that worried about their fans not taking to him after the Sharp video and his Owls past, that they are doing all they can to get fans onside.

There's one way to make that happen - score goals.

And I have half an inkling he might do in that side. 

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Don't see how. He hasn't done anywhere else. 

I'm not saying he's a great player. 

But he nicked a few goals in an absolutely dreadful Bolton team with zero attacking intent.

United are much more expansive and attacking side.

We know ourselves he can be a threat in the box with plenty of the right sort of service. 

Well see how it pans out. 

Will be a total balls up or a master stroke.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm not saying he's a great player. 

But he nicked a few goals in an absolutely dreadful Bolton team with zero attacking intent.

United are much more expansive and attacking side.

We know ourselves he can be a threat in the box with plenty of the right sort of service. 

Well see how it pans out. 

Will be a total balls up or a master stroke.

If there is one thing Wilder is good at its making ordinary players look very good.

May do ok. 

Still glad he ain't Defoe though.