Owl burns Madine shirt

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If there is one thing Wilder is good at its making ordinary players look very good.

May do ok. 

Still glad he ain't Defoe though.

More chance of snow on the sun than a player of Defoes quality heading to the stain.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think he’ll do alright there. Wilder is good at turning average players into good players. Just look at Clarke, McGoldrick and Sharp.

Not bothered though. Out of all the players we’ve had at Wednesday I certainly don’t hold an emotional connection to Gary Madine. 

Me either. I remember fondly the goals he scored during 'mind the gap'. But he's long gone from here. 

Went at the right time. 

My only grievance with him leaving was that once more...we got buggerall money for him.

Guest Jack the Hat
38 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Is it me, or do the Star seem to be trying to put massive spin on the Madine to United transfer? Making out that Madine wanted to play for United while he was still an Owl, Owls fans so disgusted by Madine’s ‘defection’ in choosing to go on loan to United,that they burn his shirt etc I personally don’t know any

Owls fans who are even the slightest bit angry!! It’s funny more than anything!

Its as though United have spoken to The Star and asked them to assist with pro Madine propaganda.

I agree. I find the stars take on it odd. Madine was good for a bit but we moved him on. Not worth the publicity he is getting. No owl I know would waste a match on him let alone a shirt.

1 minute ago, owls-swfc said:

At least the guy who burned the Madine's shirt will have had chance to witness him playing and had some wear out of it...... It's the people with Abdi shirts I really feel sorry for..... 

Tried it with mine a few times but it just won't catch fire.

5 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

At least the guy who burned the Madine's shirt will have had chance to witness him playing and had some wear out of it...... It's the people with Abdi shirts I really feel sorry for..... 

Absolute scenes of rage  if Abdi went to the Stain on a free , got fit and set it alight playing in a free role behind the front two!

When I texted my Blades mates, pulling their legs about Madine joining them, they were all embarrassed about it, none of them understanding why the Blades had stooped so low to sign him. There were disparaging remarks, even from fans of his new club.

I’m betting it doesn’t end well LOL.

Guest LittleG
54 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Absolute scenes of rage  if Abdi went to the Stain on a free , got fit and set it alight playing in a free role behind the front two!

If Abdi went to the stain and set it alight, I think we would all forgive his disappearing act for Wednesday!