Luton manager joining Stoke today

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Having a manager or not we'll beat them in the reply...they'll not play better but we will

...now you’ve been and gone and done it .. ffs!! lol 

Edited by Freshfish
  • Haha 1

I think stoke have the same problem has us got some big individual players

but they don’t make a team.... They also need a clear out with a  players on a  big wage the same has us

And I think he would be the ideal manager as he’s been able to work with little to no funds They’ve taken the gamble on a manager That has managed in the lower leagues let’s hope it works for them

21 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Wanted him here. Done miracles for Luton: survived relegation, promotion, now top 3.

Been wanting us to look at an upcoming manager for some time and another we missed the boat on.

He even waves his arms about...must be good this lad.

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He may turn out to be a good championship manager but for where we currently are, I'm glad we've gone for Bruce.

Me too.

We don't have the luxury of taking a chance on an unproven Championship manager right now. If we did and it went wrong, we could be the next Ipswich Town.

Whilst the idea of a young up-and-coming manager is appealing, the time to try that has passed. We need a safe pair of hands and a calm head to guide us through the next few seasons, and whilst there are no certainties in football, Bruce represents as safe a pair of hands as it's possible to find in this division.

1 minute ago, legendaryswan said:

Very bold move from Stoke.

NJ will have far larger personalities and egos to manage there,hes got a very decent squad all in all.

Rowett wont be jobless long,hes a manager Ive always rated,not sure whats gone wrong down there for him.

Villa. Wolves. Stoke all the same when they come down. don't matter who goes in there, loads of bad players on mega bucks. needs a few years to flush them all through. 

Jones don't win any of first 3 games there comes instant pressure. Will he handle all that.?