Luton manager joining Stoke today

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Luton are a club on the up with a new ground in near future, I think he's mad to leave them for Stoke. 

"mad" is a bit of an exaggeration...leaving Luton for Stoke would offer the benefits like working at a higher level (immediately), decent transfer budget, better facilities all round, one step closer to the PL (Stoke only 8 points of playoffs) and better players (some still internationals) the list could go on to be honest.

Add to this the fact that Stoke are very unlikely to play in L1 any time soon, there is a very high chance Luton would go up and then back down!! A new fancy ground doesn't guarantee success as you only need to look at Rotherham to see this. New ground, club supposedly on the up 3/4 years ago yet they still find themselves punching above their weight.

1 hour ago, waddleisgod said:

This could make the reply with Luton much easier, club and probably players on a downer when we play them, backroom team and the odd player may also end up at Stoke

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

I suppose this is good news for our fixture but I doubt it will make a lot of difference.

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Can't see it myself,  he's been gone too long. 

It would have a huge impact on them and hopefully on the players mindset if he left...just look at Brentford and look at Birmingham when Rowett got the bullet, both clubs immediately plummeted with an immediate down turn in results. There are lots of other examples that would support this argument as well.

When your flying and your manager has a good thing going on and the players are with him...the last person you want to lose is the Manager. An injured player can be replaced in the short term but the manger cant unfortunately.

The reason we are struggling to relate to this is because our managers are never poached by another club; we just end up sacking them. 

Come to think of it, Carlos was sort of poached by Swansea...but we were nice enough to release him from his contract so he could walk into the job. And they say we've had issues with FFP. :carlosswfc:

• Haha 1

All confirmed - that was quick!

Interesting to see how that works out.

Hopefully, plays into our hands with respect the cup tie...but then this is Wednesday, so I'm sure we will be more than happy for the benevolent fund to pay out.

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Long time fan of Stoke’s too. Ever since he saw them play Everton in 1984

Also he's apparently got a lovely set of cups and saucers which he purchased on one of his many trips to Stoke to watch the team. 

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Can't see it myself,  he's been gone too long. 

Was going to use that analogy, beat me to it; supreme