37 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I thought DC said as fans we contribute very little in the grand scheme...

IMG_20190108_170505.jpg

I can see where you’re coming from looks like quite a lot of percentage coming from the funs but we have got to take into account with  wage structure and running of the club that is a problem with the club at the moment too many players on too high wage Transfer costs compare that to revenue Coming in He’s not wrong

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Surprised at Norwich considering their prices are higher than ours!

I believe it's a percentage of income. Unlike us, Norwich had income from transfers. Last year was about £34m, and this year £37m. Guess how much we had.

With matchday income representing almost half our income, all this chart does is demonstrate just how poorly the club is being operated.

46 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Then again, it's an out of the way football Stadium.

Was about to say 'not really - no more so than Elland Road, Pride Park or the City Ground'...and then I looked at which teams were just above us in the list :duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
16 minutes ago, bobness said:

I believe it's a percentage of income. Unlike us, Norwich had income from transfers. Last year was about £34m, and this year £37m. Guess how much we had.

With matchday income representing almost half our income, all this chart does is demonstrate just how poorly the club is being operated.

So doesn't all it show then is that we aren't a selling club . Which is good surely.

It's a pretty damning indictment in this day and age that we are so far out of step with other clubs in terms of being so heavily dependent on Matchday income. If the commercial side of things were running properly then the percentage should be closer to 25% which seems to be the mean value of the graph as a whole.

Hopefully now that the chairman seems to be listening on the football side of things he will also take proper advice on the commercial side and turn things around. If he can do so, then P & S should cease to be an issue for us but it will take a year or two at least just to get things moving in the right direction.

It highlights to me how not to run a business. Surely every business should explore and utilise every kind of income source. The 3rd floor of the south stand (corporate) on a match day should be rammed if it was being run correctly. As it is more often than not it is completely dead. The shop is not being run to its true potential and should have more quality products. 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

DwTADn0W0AEZBV3.jpg:large

This says WAAAAAAAAAY more.  And proves DC right, in a terrifying way!

And that second chart is clearly a load of rubbish.

Even if our matchday income is only £10m (for ease of demonstration) for our source of funds to be 99% owner funds he would have had to put in £990m.

So no idea where those figures come from.

And how can Villa’s funds be 100% from the owner.  Do they give their tickets away? Do they not get parachute payments?  Nothing from Sky?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

DwTADn0W0AEZBV3.jpg:large

This says WAAAAAAAAAY more.  And proves DC right, in a terrifying way!

Just have another look at that and a few seconds to process what it is suggesting and you'll realise it is utter gonads,

I.e. Villa's income during the last 2 years has been 100% owner financing....no gate receipts, no corporate, no parachute payments, no TV, no merchandise, no concessions?.....er, ok.

5 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

I thought DC said as fans we contribute very little in the grand scheme...

IMG_20190108_170505.jpg

That looks to be a % of overall income from matchday only, not an indication that the number of the income is particularly high...

If anythting it proves DC right.

14 hours ago, londonowl said:

Highlights out problem very well. Very little commercial activity outside of match day.

Exactly this . Hillsborough holds us back in this no end , however we aren’t doing nearly enough to maximise what we can. 

Alienating corporate customers was up there with the biggest of chansiris current gaffs . 

Back onto matchday , Simple things can generate so much more. The fact it takes so long to get a beer at half time , food running out , all simple easy things to get right, yet still the club don’t sort it 

Edited by james o connor

32 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Back onto matchday , Simple things can generate so much more. The fact it takes so long to get a beer at half time , food running out , all simple easy things to get right, yet still the club don’t sort it 

It's actually not easy to get right. Of course it should be worked on, but don't underestimate what it takes to run a tight ship.

Major companies invest heavily in developing effective processes. While on the consumer side it might look easy, behind the scenes it's talent and hard work.