van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

The chairman said we are failing FFP / P&S by ‘8 figures’ so north of 10 million. That’s the hole that needs plugging THIS season never mind future projections.

I’d sell FF for 3-5 million if we could get him off the wage bill 

Reach for 12 million and we would have had a good January, let Bruce plan for the exodus in the summer and go again next season.

Edited by Box_Man

17 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Footballers don’t have a value, they’re worth however much the buying club are willing to pay, if it’s a prem club coming in for Reach, we should rinse them for every dime

A long time since we succeeded in that area, Warhurst perhaps, we usually buy dear and sell cheap, so it would be a pleasant change.

13 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

For those mentioning Fessi- there is no way any bids are going to be coming our way for him now, what with is injury record. 

That boat has sailed and we should have cashed in when we had the chance. 

Plus, if we can get Forestieri on the pitch, he offers more than Reach. The fact that Reach, is younger, and fitter, means he is a more saleable commodity Said all along, if we really do need to raise that sort of money, then Reach is the obvious candidate to go

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Plus, if we can get Forestieri on the pitch, he offers more than Reach. The fact that Reach, is younger, and fitter, means he is a more saleable commodity Said all along, if we really do need to raise that sort of money, then Reach is the obvious candidate to go

He's the only candidate. There is no other player who will get us the kind of money we need to stave off FFP. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Absolutely , really like Reach but if the price is right, then aurevoir .

We should be looking in the region of £15m to £18m. If enough clubs are interested in him as rumoured, then a bidding war could see the fee reach that amount.

Anything less, he should stay.

That said, given Bruce’s ambitions for the club, I can’t believe he’d come here only to have his best player sold before he’s even started. More likely if Reach is going anywhere, it’ll be in the Summer.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

We should be looking in the region of £15m to £18m. If enough clubs are interested in him as rumoured, then a bidding war could see the fee reach that amount.

That said, given Bruce’s ambitions for the club, I can’t believe he’d come here only to have his best player sold before he’s even started. More likely if Reach is going anywhere, it’ll be in the Summer.

Leave it to the summer and our negotiation position is considerably weaker. Clubs always pay over the odds in January when they are desperate. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Leave it to the summer and our negotiation position is considerably weaker. Clubs always pay over the odds in January when they are desperate. 

True but I can’t believe Bruce would want to sell him before he’s had chance to work with him.

Bruce is his own man and I also can’t believe he’d have agreed to come to Wednesday if we were going to sell our best player this month.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

True but I can’t believe Bruce would want to sell him before he’s had chance to work with him.

Bruce is his own man and I also can’t believe he’d have agreed to come to Wednesday if we were going to sell our best player this month.

Agnew said other day he was one of best players in championship. They have plans for him here.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agree that we should be looking for at least 15 million.  

I think one or two of the big players have to go in this transfer window.  

If it helps us stay within the limits of the FFP and allows us to bring in some extra reinforcements, then I'm in.  

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

10 million and Hourihane

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I wouldn't take 10M, it's weird how some of our fans can't wait to sell Reach, it's almost as if they hate the fact he's proved you all wrong.

3 hours ago, whatdial said:

£10m not enough these days

Don’t get me wrong but if I remember rightly when we paid 5 million for him everybody was complaining that it was too much for the first year people were saying wow what a waste of money  Now there is a possible chance we’ve been offered 10 million people are complaining it’s not enough

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-news-steve-15643929.amp

£10m. Go and do one Villa, nowhere near enough. Double it then we might be talking. 

Also nice to see the Brum local is as bad the Star. Read their article, second half of it is Paul Walker discussing Reach but he's actually talking about Jordan Rhodes. Lazy barsteward journos.