van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

1 hour ago, OwlinOldham said:

I wouldn't take anything less than 12m for him with a push on a worthwhile player also coming the other way as part of it. While we need money to satisfy FFP/P&S, we would be silly to sell him for less than what we can get.

The fees in this division have exploded the last few years, we need to push for all we can get and if possible even start a bidding war. By accepting 10M when we could more than likely get more, its signalling that all our players can be bought for less than they are worth.

As a side note, if DC thinks we can still go up this year, its not likely we are going to sell him any way.

If Brooks is 18m then Reach is same, we should be looking to offload Forestieri before we go anywhere near Reach 

3 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

If Brooks is 18m then Reach is same, we should be looking to offload Forestieri before we go anywhere near Reach 

Brooks is better than Reach from what i've seen.

Although be interesting to see Reach when he's got better players around him like Brooks has now.

I'm a big Reach fan, but if we can get close to £15m, get Hooper off the wage bill now, it could sort, or at least significantly improve the FFP position and allow us to improve the squad close season. 

Letting him go could be the solution to our impending financial problems, so it's a sacrifice worth making in my eyes. We didn't do it with Forestieri when we had the chance, so this may be our get out of jail card. We've got to plug the financial gap somehow. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I wouldn't take 10M, it's weird how some of our fans can't wait to sell Reach, it's almost as if they hate the fact he's proved you all wrong.

Someone who I know hated to ground that he walked on, however he can’t recall this now, the good news is that he feels the same about Dawson, which means that he will soon be worth mega money.  :tango:

43 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

People that think we should take £10m for Reach don’t understand the game 

Perfect age, great engine, rarely injured and the ability to single handedly win games. 

Any lower than £15m would be very disappointing 

For evidence look at the fees of Josh Murphy and James Maddison 

And anybody that thinks we are in a strong negotiating position (like Norwich were) can't read a profit and loss account.

Plus from a footballing perspective, I don't get your point.  Madison scored 15 goals at the age of 21 in his first full Championship season.  He clearly had a far far higher market value than Reach.

Murphy only went for £11 million, is 2 years younger than Reach and has that one thing that PL teams crave - raw pace.

17 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Clubs don't buy 20 year olds because of the player they are, they do it for what they hope they will become.

Reach is 26 next month, PL clubs are not going to see the same development potential.

37 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

We are if the "attractive" offer isnt seen as enough. 

Well, if Reach is as valuable as some here seem to think, then once it's seen that he's available then other clubs will come in and try and gatecrash the party. If not, then we ought to accept what we can get for him. We shall see.

Personally speaking, I don't think we can afford the luxury of holding out for an unrealistic fee. It's not that I want to sell him (I genuinely don't) but I think we're going to struggle to move on until we can sort out the FFP issues.

11 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

And anybody that thinks we are in a strong negotiating position (like Norwich were) can't read a profit and loss account.

Plus from a footballing perspective, I don't get your point.  Madison scored 15 goals at the age of 21 in his first full Championship season.  He clearly had a far far higher market value than Reach.

Murphy only went for £11 million, is 2 years younger than Reach and has that one thing that PL teams crave - raw pace.

As soon as there is more than one bidder we have a strong position. 

32 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Cardiff paid 6M for Madine

Villa paid 12M for Hogan

just based on that Reach has to be valued around 15M

Hogan had just scored 21 Championship goals in his last 28 matches!  And is a striker.

Madine had scored 10 Championship goals by January in a terrible team and Cardiff felt he could get them over the line to the PL.  £6m seemed fair enough to me.  Right place, right time.

I'm all for strengthening the squad but the key word is 'strengthening'.  If we sell Reach for 10 million we need someone better to replace him, say a 15 million player.  And we're going to buy that player for what 6 million?  How does that work?

If on the other hand we're still buggered due to the P&S rules, then we have to accept that we need to sell him and buy whoever we can for considerably less money.  Or buy nobody at all with the money.

Isn't that more realistic?