van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

6 hours ago, MrSoul said:

Always, always build a squad around your better players. The financial value and their worth on the pitch are 2 very different things.

i would sooner have one Reach over three insignificant squad players. All day, every day! 

So would l. Nobody wants to buy our insignificant players though

24 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Dc has already said we have an issue with FFP. Why have we only bought one player for a pittance in the last two windows? Just looking at the numbers its not hard to see we have a problem.

He said that.

He also said he would not sell our prized assets. Reach is one of those.

He also said he would put the club up for sale. 

Then he recruited a manager on a big wage. 

We hear that the ground could be sold to raise funds.

I agree FPP is an issue. 

But who on here actually knows what the balance sheet says.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He said that.

I agree FPP is an issue. 

Suspect us and other clubs are waiting to see the outcome of the Birmingham hearing, which will indicate if the EFL have any teeth to impose meaningful sanctions.

I would also like to think that as a result changes are afoot with FFP and clubs are hoping for a change in the arbitrary and unworkable current loss limit.

42 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He said that.

I agree FPP is an issue. 

Its in the accounts which are readily available

You have to consistently sell your best players to keep finances coming in to allow you to keep the squad fresh. Makes me laugh how people on here think because we have a bit of investment from Chansiri it means we can just sign all the players we want on massive wages whilst at the same time not have any money coming in.

Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho and they seem to be doing ok. Man Utd sold Ronaldo but apparently we can’t sell any of our players? 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Suspect us and other clubs are waiting to see the outcome of the Birmingham hearing, which will indicate if the EFL have any teeth to impose meaningful sanctions.

I would also like to think that as a result changes are afoot with FFP and clubs are hoping for a change in the arbitrary and unworkable current loss limit.

When's the Brum hearing, this month ?

13 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Reach very much like brunt. I would say needs a move to the big league to see whether he can cut it.

he can hit a ball and cross, team like Fulham could use him . 12m would be a good price . 

He certainly doesn’t have Brunt’s strength and vision, I suppose only time will tell but I honestly can’t see Reach being as effective as Brunt has been in the Premiership for the last decade or so. 

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Thanks.

Not sure how we can make a decision in this window if their hearing is after it shuts. 

Anyway, it'll be reyt !

:Chansiri:

Agree, but It's very unusual for there to be surprises in football, sure there will be some indications and discussions within the football club community even if these don't filter out to the public until the hearing in February.

1 hour ago, maldino2004 said:

He certainly doesn’t have Brunt’s strength and vision, I suppose only time will tell but I honestly can’t see Reach being as effective as Brunt has been in the Premiership for the last decade or so. 

Nor me. He is far too inconsistent.  He's honest, injury free and a decent player but I'd take 10m if offered. In our current situation, of course.

8 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If big Bruce isn't taking over whilst February?

Dosent the loan window last a couple of weeks into February??? 

Thus if we're trying to avoid an FFP embargo allowing Bruce to spend in the summer the most plausible way is sell off what assets we can off setting the wage bill costs and hopefully putting us OK with FFP, but also allowing us to get loans in to compensate the loss of players as we would have freed cash up for wages due to the outgoing players. 

There is no loan window,only exceptional circumstances like having no keeper will/would be considered,of course the free agent players can sign anytime.

On 08/01/2019 at 13:14, Jamie_W said:

Reach is worth way more than £10m in today’s market. The fact he’s young, English and left-sided means you’d want to double that. If he were doing what he’s doing in the Premier League he’d be £50m at least. 

It's not you that keeps out bidding me when I try and buy a house is it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

No interest in Rhodes yet then,norwich must have a few quid wonder if Farke is gunna do the decent thing and make us an offer............:carlos:

Not if he’s got any sense, and it certainly wouldn’t make sense for them to do that