van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

10 - 15 million in an inflated market transpires to 7-10 when everyone has had their bite and we've filled the clubs empty coffers. Then we have to buy equal or better quality with what's left in an already inflated market and we're only a few knocks away from an injury crisis. 

Hold steady and let's get the team kicking on to the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Widders said:

10 - 15 million in an inflated market transpires to 7-10 when everyone has had their bite and we've filled the clubs empty coffers. Then we have to buy equal or better quality with what's left in an already inflated market and we're only a few knocks away from an injury crisis. 

Hold steady and let's get the team kicking on to the end of the season. 

Hold steady and then what when we cant balance the books for FFP at season end?

17 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We can though that's why nothing Is moving in or out. Keep the team steady get up the league, stay in the Cup and earn the money. Then buy and sell when we have got a pre season and no real games to bond any new arrivals. 

Edited by Widders

7 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

I think that he is vastly overrated. He was the worst player on the pitch by a long chalk at the weekend, take away the long range efforts over the last couple of seasons and I think that you are left with a less than average midfielder/winger. 

I personally would take any offer around the £10 mil mark, that in my opinion give Bruce the opportunity to start the rebuild. 

Agreed 

51 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

If we sold Reach I would be happy if we then invested in two quality full backs. 

If we sold Reach and then bought another similar player, well... what would be the point?

True Specially how we stand at the moment with Fairplay

5 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Are you sure?

10 million now in jan will fall into this years figures which would go along way to solving P&S for this year.

If we got paid over 3 years we would only be able to account for a 3rd of it this year and show a 3 million projection for next year and the year after.

We would then have to find another 7 million this year to bridge the gap with P&S for this season.

If you get £10m up front. The money goes in the bank and appears as cash in the accounts. 

If you get the money over 3 years one third will be paid straight away and 2 thirds are effectively a debt owed to the club. 

For accountancy purposes you have money the club has earned and money it has spent. It doesn't matter if you have actually got the money in your hands, money owed to the club is still shown on the credit side of the accounts the same as cash received.

FFP follows accountancy rules by and large.

Company accounts aren't like an individuals day to day money where if somebody pays you cash you can go to the pub with it. You need a different mind set.

I think that 10m would be worth considering. I would probably sell at 12m

I like Reach and think he adds a lot to us - and I have concerns about how we’ll actually create anything without him - but I think this might be the pinnacle of his value and therefore would sell.

If we offloaded Reach for 12m, Hooper on a free and Van Aken for 500k then I think that wouldn’t be too bad at all.

I see this season as a fallow year and with the outgoings in Summer should put his in a much better position to build a more balanced squad for next season

I think there will be a few lower Premiership clubs eyeing up Reach. Scores some wonder goals and can run all day. The other important thing is he is the type of player who managers love, versatile, injury free and carries no baggage ( Unlike say FF)

Most premiership clubs play with a lone striker and 5 midfield players any of who can support the striker and Reach falls into that mould.

I think he will go for around 15 million but I would take anything above 13 million as we need the money for FFP and to strengthen the team.

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

If you get £10m up front. The money goes in the bank and appears as cash in the accounts. 

If you get the money over 3 years one third will be paid straight away and 2 thirds are effectively a debt owed to the club. 

For accountancy purposes you have money the club has earned and money it has spent. It doesn't matter if you have actually got the money in your hands, money owed to the club is still shown on the credit side of the accounts the same as cash received.

Company accounts aren't like an individuals day to day money where if somebody pays you cash you can go to the pub with it. You need a different mind set.

Spot on

Although we would have to accrue what was owed in commission to Doyen :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, prowl said:

I understand that, what I’m struggling with is we have to show the EFL a projection of income for the following year. You can’t account for things twice so if you have a 10 million hole this year then you need 10 million of income THIS year. No good getting it in 3-4 million chunks as we would fail this year surely?

Edited by Box_Man

42 minutes ago, prowl said:

You do know where you are posting and who you are posting to lol 

• Haha 2

I'd sell him but only for the right price.

Nothing less than £12m for me.

He has his moments, but unless he scores, he's currently offering very little playing centrally.

He's a good player on his day, but  it as good as what some think. He is replaceable.

Think we should sell him and get in two midfielders if we get some of the money to spend.

Having said all this I still expect him to be a Wednesday player in February.

43 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

I understand that, what I’m struggling with is we have to show the EFL a projection of income for the following year. You can’t account for things twice so if you have a 10 million hole this year then you need 10 million of income THIS year. No good getting it in 3-4 million chunks as we would fail this year surely?

If we sell Reach this year it is income this year as far as the accounts are concerned even if we don't get all the money up front. It doesn't make any difference Cash or terms.

I think this is where we started. If you can't understand the point I'm afraid I can't explain it any better. My fault I'm sure. 

Wouldnt turn my nose up at selling reach or FF, assuming the money got given to Bruce to buy players he wants. 

Reach is nowhere near worth 12m in his performances but in the market i'd say thats about right. Id take 6-8 mil and hourihane if theyre interested

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Can you say you honestly know what the financial position is ? I don't. 

In this case I dont think he'll be sold. He's scored some great goals, has a good engine and attitude. Those attributes helped him standout in a very ordinary side last term and I don't see this 15m tag that others do. 

12 minutes ago, prowl said:

If we sell Reach this year it is income this year as far as the accounts are concerned even if we don't get all the money up front. It doesn't make any difference Cash or terms.

I think this is where we started. If you can't understand the point I'm afraid I can't explain it any better. My fault I'm sure. 

I see where your coming from, I just thought you had to make allowances in the accounts for future/further revenue, multi year season tickets being an example.

So there’s nothing stopping DC selling the ground for 30 million this income ALL showing in 2019 and then we pay DC ‘friend’ who we sell the ground to for 500k per year on going. Meaning we clear FFP this season and have 20 million left over to spend without selling anyone.