van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

51 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

True but I can’t believe Bruce would want to sell him before he’s had chance to work with him.

Bruce is his own man and I also can’t believe he’d have agreed to come to Wednesday if we were going to sell our best player this month.

I’m at a loss to explain DC’s FFP strategy then. Because unless we find £15m between now and the end of the season we could face a points deduction. 

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I’m at a loss to explain DC’s FFP strategy then. Because unless we find £15m between now and the end of the season we could face a points deduction. 

Perhaps getting all them players off the wage bill in the summer and selling a few fringe players between now and then may satisfy the football league.

Sam Clucas went to Swansea before the new TV deal came into affect for £17M in January so we should use this as a yardstick for Reach. Anything in the range of £16M-£18M with add ons is reasonable  given his age, nationality and experience. So long as the guaranteed amount exceeds the FFP/P&S black whole then we should look to sell 

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Does anyone know if there is a sell on clause for Reach as part of the deal when we signed him from Boro? 

Yes, 90%

Guest Kameron

This squad is simply not good enough to get us promoted, we have not improved since the playoff final defeat.  We have some very talented players but we are disjointed, lack pace all over the pitch and in key areas are physically not strong enough.  If selling any number of players despite who they are allows Bruce to start rebuilding then it needs to be done.  

6 hours ago, H2Owl said:

Worth closer to £15 million for me, easy. 

6 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

10 million and Hourihane

personally and I dont think I'm going over the top a few will think I am  but I would hold out for £20m 

not because he or anyone is worth it tbh but the obscene amounts paid for players these days why the feck should we give away a player who will only get better than he is now 

how much did we give antonio away for  ffs  hope we dont do it again