van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

4 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

DC will not take 10 million no way when Fulham were apparently in for forestieri offering 15 dc kept them away by saying he wanted 20 mil he’ll do the same with reach and if anyone’s mad enough to spend that then they can have him

How much did Leicester pay for Maddison, 22 mill?

People that think we should take £10m for Reach don’t understand the game 

Perfect age, great engine, rarely injured and the ability to single handedly win games. 

Any lower than £15m would be very disappointing 

For evidence look at the fees of Josh Murphy and James Maddison 

1 minute ago, owler66 said:

Remember when we selt our best player Dalian Atkinson and used the money to strengthen the team those were the days 

Out of interest, did you think Big Dalian was better than Hirst, Nilsson, Sheridan or Palmer?

14 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

DC will not take 10 million no way when Fulham were apparently in for forestieri offering 15 dc kept them away by saying he wanted 20 mil he’ll do the same with reach and if anyone’s mad enough to spend that then they can have him

This exactly!

Wolves set the bar for a championship player at £20 million when they signed Adama from Boro.

Reach is in that category plus he’s English ..... why do Wednesdayites want to undersell our best players ..... the Chairman won’t!

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Perfect age, great engine, rarely injured and the ability to single handedly win games. 

Bingo 

Ill be honest I’m not the biggest fan of Reach. Yes I rate him as an above championship midfielder and has a great engine but has a lot of improving to do and still goes missing a lot 

Moving to a PL club will bring that improvement into his game 

Would take anything above £10m

Guest Jack the Hat
6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Out of interest, did you think Big Dalian was better than Hirst, Nilsson, Sheridan or Palmer?

No he wasn't and he forced a move because we got relegated.

Don’t get me wrong I like reach he’s a player with good quality but only good now and again he has his moments a flash in the pan 50% of the games he’s not even in it

10 million might not sound a lot maybe worth more

but it’s a hell of a lot more than what we paid

and I can only imagine what Bruce would be able to do with half of that money wage bill down possibly a More persistent quality player coming in

Not a popular opinion on here but any offer that is north of £10M has to be considered. We’re not very good when it comes to selling and to a certain extent buying. Would we miss Reach, maybe? But not as much as some think?

Reach is a good player no doubt and his value is whatever someone wants to pay plus what we would accept , the thing is I reckon we are shoe horning him into the side as a central midfielder and for me he is nowhere near a central midfielder , I reckon Bruce could do a lot with the funds for a player who really has not got a position he can call his when Onomah is back I reckon he will get one of the midfield berths , If we line up like Agnew eluded to then its a back 3 , 3 central and 2 flank players , Reach could go wide in that set up so who knows ?

24 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Agree 15m plus for me, anything lower in this crazy market seems cheap 

3 minutes ago, owler66 said:

At that time yes and the fee proved it

OK, it's a matter of opinion of course. He was certainly a good player and I was sorry to see him leave at the time. But I don't think he was the best player in the side. The fee simply reflected the value put on goal scoring forwards (as has generally been the case in football. Clubs pay inflated prices for goal scorers).