van-aaken Hooper now reach Speculation

6 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

Worth closer to £15 million for me, easy. 

He's not, but he is.

Today's market is ridiculous, Reach has games where he looks Premier League quality, and others where he looks very ordinary.  10 years ago he'd have been a £1 million player, now between 10 and 15 is probably the going rate. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't take anything less than 12m for him with a push on a worthwhile player also coming the other way as part of it. While we need money to satisfy FFP/P&S, we would be silly to sell him for less than what we can get.

The fees in this division have exploded the last few years, we need to push for all we can get and if possible even start a bidding war. By accepting 10M when we could more than likely get more, its signalling that all our players can be bought for less than they are worth.

As a side note, if DC thinks we can still go up this year, its not likely we are going to sell him any way.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

10 million and Hourihane

Don't think DC will be in a rush to let Reach go unless for top dollar. At 25 and regarded by some pundits as one of the best players in the league, £10m would seem cheap.

I'd certainly take Hourihane in part exchange though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

He's not, but he is.

Today's market is ridiculous, Reach has games where he looks Premier League quality, and others where he looks very ordinary.  10 years ago he'd have been a £1 million player, now between 10 and 15 is probably the going rate. 

Very true. Plus it's January when transfer fees are generally inflated. 

I added an extra £2 million for him being left footed and English as well lol

I think that he is vastly overrated. He was the worst player on the pitch by a long chalk at the weekend, take away the long range efforts over the last couple of seasons and I think that you are left with a less than average midfielder/winger. 

I personally would take any offer around the £10 mil mark, that in my opinion give Bruce the opportunity to start the rebuild. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1