Now the dust has settled...

Re-building a football team and a house have their similarities, in that both will get worse before they get better. This isn’t a Man Utd situation, where the players were always good enough to win trophies, we need to be patient while SB starts to place round and square pegs into their correct holes. So mathematically safe from relegation followed by experimentation is the sensible way to go, and I believe that SB is a sensible guy.

Top half would be a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I also think Bruce's arrival is conveniently timed after the transfer window closes so that we won't sign anyone, and that will be the reason why. Fans will all be appeased cos we couldn't sign anyone without a manager (Hope I'm wrong but can see it a mile off). 

Can't see us making any major moves in the transfer market until out of contract players are off the wage bill, it's the only outcome where the whole FFP saga would make any sense. 

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

Top half would be a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I also think Bruce's arrival is conveniently timed after the transfer window closes so that we won't sign anyone, and that will be the reason why. Fans will all be appeased cos we couldn't sign anyone without a manager (Hope I'm wrong but can see it a mile off). 

Can't see us making any major moves in the transfer market until out of contract players are off the wage bill, it's the only outcome where the whole FFP saga would make any sense. 

I agree with this totally but I do think we will make at least one addition in this window. 

Just now, Spencerowl said:

I agree with this totally but I do think we will make at least one addition in this window. 

Well yeah, I couldn't see us splashing out on a manager (though it's wages over a few years) so nothing would really surprise me too much. 

I have no doubt that we have a team capable of finishing in the top 6 if we had a regular goal scorer in our team. We have beaten and should have beaten teams near the top so really it's just about applying ourselves and seeing out games imo. I think however we are too far behind too many teams so we'll finish 8th.

Were more than capable of a top half finish,whilst its an ageing squad,theres still some good quality in there,if thery play in their correct positions of course.

The main issue is injury,weve an injury prone squad.Theirs a chance that Lee could return in February which would be a massive boost,especially if he stays fit untill the end of the season.

Reckon wel finish 9th,had jos left earlier we would have finished higher.

14th . ability wise our team is between 9th and 14th but the shoddy running of the club until recently will see us finish at the lower end of this group. 

Obviously we won’t be near the play offs (the being miles away and not good enough bit should point this out to even the most deluded ) 

13 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

I think top half is achievable for us given the mini run of form we're currently on.

Steve Bruce has enough at his disposal to get us rolling in a direction that can see us competing at the top next season.

Do you think he will be given the time by our fans?

On 08/01/2019 at 11:30, Spencerowl said:

With Bruce on his way to S6 and his entourage already in place, possible signings (maybe) and things seem to be settling down after a manic few months on and off the field. 

Now we have time to reflect a little on this season where do you think we will finish this year? 

Im going for 8th - an oh so nearly year. What are we all thinking now about our final league position? 

14th-16th. Wish I could be more optimistic but it will be hard to climb the table if we have to sell Reach, which in sure we will this month. FFP and all that.