Now the dust has settled...

With Bruce on his way to S6 and his entourage already in place, possible signings (maybe) and things seem to be settling down after a manic few months on and off the field. 

Now we have time to reflect a little on this season where do you think we will finish this year? 

Im going for 8th - an oh so nearly year. What are we all thinking now about our final league position? 

Just now, Spencerowl said:

With Bruce on his way to S6 and his entourage already in place, possible signings (maybe) and things seem to be settling down after a manic few months on and off the field. 

Now we have time to reflect a little on this season where do you think we will finish this year? 

Im going for 8th - an oh so nearly year. What are we all thinking now about our final league position? 

That sounds about right to me Spencer, though hopefully, we may just sneak into the top six. Though 8th, with a much younger squad going forwards, would be pleasing

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That sounds about right to me Spencer, though hopefully, we may just sneak into the top six. Though 8th, with a much younger squad going forwards, would be pleasing

Agreed, disappointed in a way because of all

those points lost, but a stable and younger squad firing next year I would take

12th. I'd be happy with top half. With signs of who we want to be next season. 

Main things are that a lot of this team (almost half) are set to leave in the summer unless they stake a claim. I just want Bruce to see the whole deck of cards and work out who is going to be part of a team thats pushing for the top 6 next season and who hasn't got it. No room for sentiment for me. Get rid of the injury prone like Hooper and Lee etc. We need a team thats fit and ready every week. It sucks having to say 'if only we had X Y Z fit then we'd have won'. 

I think its unrealistic to think we can push for a top 6 place which would require an estimated 75+ points. Can people honestly see us getting 40+ points from here on? No chance. The club is gearing up for a push next season but not this. Thats ok with me. Its realistic and understandable. 

11th. I can't see us making expensive loan signings until next season when we've released players in the summer. The only signings worth doing now are if we are doing permanent deals as a way of starting the rebuilding process. Wagoner did this at Huddersfield and then had the big overhaul in the summer. He did OK. 

It depends so much on this transfer window that I hesitate to guess.

If Reach and Bannan go 8th is a pipe dream unless we bring in a few. If they stay and we bring in a couple 8th is entirely possible. Truth is this year is a write off. stay in this division and it's job done then rebuild for next season.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

11th. I can't see us making expensive loan signings until next season when we've released players in the summer. The only signings worth doing now are if we are doing permanent deals as a way of starting the rebuilding process. Wagoner did this at Huddersfield and then had the big overhaul in the summer. He did OK. 

I think he may surprise us this window but we will have to wait and see. Truth is we do need to off load a lot of players. 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

This. What would be the point of throwing everything in and going for it now? The damage of the season is done. We have one of the worst defences, an injury prone squad and 11 defeats already. 

What we look like we are doing now is actually building for next season. Bruce isnt coming in until feb anyway. Its what we should have done last year. We now finally look like we have a medium term plan instead of just looking at the end of our noses. 

Just now, Spencerowl said:

I think he may surprise us this window but we will have to wait and see. Truth is we do need to off load a lot of players. 

I think it would be a waste of resources if we bring in a couple of big name loans as they would go back to the parent club in May and we'd be no further forward. I'd prefer a couple of permanent signings to start the integration and rebuild process. 

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think it would be a waste of resources if we bring in a couple of big name loans as they would go back to the parent club in May and we'd be no further forward. I'd prefer a couple of permanent signings to start the integration and rebuild process. 

Yeah I get that, I just wonder if DC sees it that way