CHELSEA AWAY - Fa Cup 4th round draw.

1 hour ago, heppers said:

It is a sign.

In 91 we played Chelsea away in the cup.

Got promoted and won the cup.

Nostradamus has spoken.

What a day out that was apart from when Chelsea Headhunters decided to brick the Intercity Owls coaches as we left the stadium. 

Not happy campers that a Div 2 team had literally outclassed them from start to finish. 

What no one knew at the time was that our team would be good enough to finish 3rd following season in Div 1.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If we get through its Canoville we need to watch out for.

Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhh! Why did you have to mention his name??? I only just stopped having the nightmares about the 4-4 two weeks ago, now it's all going to start again!

• Haha 2

More i think of it, Chelsea away should be doable at least at these early stages of the FA cup. Chelsea won't field their first XI but rather save some for league action like Liverpool did yesterday.

Mind you, Chelsea reserves will still be tough but provided we beat Luton, I'm picturing a match a bit like away to Newcastle last time.. when we beat them and then Arsenal ;)

COME ON Brucey's Boys, make it happen!!

The potential Chelsea match is a bit depressing. We used to play them on a regular basis. Proper games with proper crowds & away days. Now look at the chasm between us both.

Having said that, the first leg of the cup semi away on that Sunday morning was like being in a morgue. It was more lively in the cemetery behind their big old stand.

:duntmatter:

11 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We tend to do better away when the chips are down 

True and if we get through Chelsea will be dreading it I think, in fact there could be panic on the streets of London :biggrin:

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

didn't we beat them 1-0 the season we got relegated in 2000 …..seem to recall we won with a pen 

Yes Wim Jonk scored it.

Remember Emer Thome playing for Chelsea in this game and getting a heros welcome from home crowd and Dan Petrescu getting booed when they more or less did the same thing of forcing a move to from Wednesday to Chelsea.

25 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Fancy our replay to be picked for TV coverage now given that Chelsea await the winner. 

The game against Chelsea won't be televised though. Too many other games to choose from that have more appeal. 

Probably be on some foreign internet channel and kick off at daft o'clock.