CHELSEA AWAY - Fa Cup 4th round draw.

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

The potential Chelsea match is a bit depressing. We used to play them on a regular basis. Proper games with proper crowds & away days. Now look at the chasm between us both.

Having said that, the first leg of the cup semi away on that Sunday morning was like being in a morgue. It was more lively in the cemetery behind their big old stand.

:duntmatter:

Really was a dreadful ground back in the day, that away terrace was just rough cinder.

They have made a great job of it now though.

Loved going to Stamford Bridge usually a good atmosphere, could be dodgy at times but train to London and a few drinks along the kings road just added to the day out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

According to Dale Johnson from ESPN the Chelsea game would be on the Sunday as Chelsea v Spurs is on the preceding Thursday.

According to their fixture list they're still provisionally playing Spurs on the Tuesday.  And they've got a PL game at Bournemouth scheduled for Tuesday 29th so playing on the Sunday would interfere with that.

15 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Really was a dreadful ground back in the day, that away terrace was just rough cinder.

They have made a great job of it now though.

Loved going to Stamford Bridge usually a good atmosphere, could be dodgy at times but train to London and a few drinks along the kings road just added to the day out.

If we do play them then I suppose I'll have to go with my record - I've seen us play at Chelsea three times and have never seen us concede a goal there! Won 2-0 in the League Cup semi, 3-0 in the league the season after, and a 0-0 draw in the mid 90s.

27 minutes ago, alanharper said:

According to their fixture list they're still provisionally playing Spurs on the Tuesday.  And they've got a PL game at Bournemouth scheduled for Tuesday 29th so playing on the Sunday would interfere with that.

Spurs is on the Thursday now. 

58 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Spurs is Thursday, and there is talk about moving Bournemouth to the Wednesday and ours to the Sunday. 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

If we do play them then I suppose I'll have to go with my record - I've seen us play at Chelsea three times and have never seen us concede a goal there! Won 2-0 in the League Cup semi, 3-0 in the league the season after, and a 0-0 draw in the mid 90s.

Certainly seen us win more than lose, remember a night game in the 80's which we lost, only memorable as remember biting into a pie which must have been filled with napalm as burnt the top of my mouth, took days to heal!

like a lot have said the fa cup is as good as finished sadly, last night Liverpool put out there reserves and lost pigs played there reserves as did most clubs , now if we get through we could be playing at some stupid time on sunday ,instead of 3pm on  Saturday what I certainly would have gone to, we could be playing as early as 12 or as late as 5 and trains are shocking on sundays most trains take 3hours and leave well after 8 and are far fewer than Saturdays at around 2hours.