Injury Update On Hooper And Lee

48 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

So how do you pick out the future generation of managers?

I happen to think that Lee has demonstrated the right qualities as a player that shows he could have good potential as a manager. If (and it is still an if although looking increasingly likely) his career is finished due to injury then the next logical step if he wants to stay in the game is a coaching role. I don't doubt for a minute that he will need some qualifications (such is the modern game) but why shouldn't he get those qualifications with us (if he hasn't already got or is in the process of getting them) and then be given a position to start him on the next phase of his career?

Yes if he wants to become a coach, gained the qualifications and shown a talents for coaching he should go and prove it somewhere else and if a vacancy opens at Wednesday in a few years then I would welcome him back. Even Bullen had to prove his worth at Falkirk first.

If overly sentimental Wednesday fans had they way the coaching staff would already include Semedo, Reda Johnson, Loovens, Ross Wallace, Kevin Pressman, David Hirst, Chris Waddle, Terry Curran, Migel Lera. In fact every popular ex player. 

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Like I said if during his spare time and absence he has looked into and gained the coaching qualifications and the club has an opening then I have no problem with giving him a role.

But if its just because he was a decent ex-player who you feel a bit sorry for then then no way should we employ him further then end of his contract.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised at all if you were not allowed to employ anyone as a coach without qualifications these days as regulations are a lot tighter.

Plus employing anyone without qualifications as a coach is a smack on the teeth to those people who have took the time and money to gain them.

If it was up to this forum our coaching staff would include lee , Hutchinson , semedo , Jermaine Johnson , Llera and anybody else who was adored in the last ten years 

54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes if he wants to become a coach, gained the qualifications and shown a talents for coaching he should go and prove it somewhere else and if a vacancy opens at Wednesday in a few years then I would welcome him back. Even Bullen had to prove his worth at Falkirk first.

If overly sentimental Wednesday fans had they way the coaching staff would already include Semedo, Reda Johnson, Loovens, Ross Wallace, Kevin Pressman, David Hirst, Chris Waddle, Terry Curran, Migel Lera. In fact every popular ex player. 

Oh dam you beat me to it , silly me 

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Ah now I get it! We're Wednesday, you're not good enough for us!