Injury Update On Hooper And Lee

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Yr a bit repetitive on this subject and a bit disrespectful of the players imo. 

I care because they have been outstanding for us in their time here. Probably two of the best players we have had at Hillsborough in our football dark age that is the last twenty years. 

Lee is my favourite player of recent times . Hooper was good but not really value for money . They are both surplus to requirements and a drain in resources . Not exactly ‘disrespectful’ . They have been paid very well and have had good times at the club . Those times are over so it’s time to move them out 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why should Lee be brought into the coaching side?

I honestly dont know but has he taken any qualifications to coach?

He has a good footballing brain. A good work ethic, seems to love the club. I'm sure he could achieve coaching badges whilst working here. 

And call me sentimental, but this career threatening injury may have (cos it's just rumours) been incurred as he was brought back from injury, too soon, twice, by his employers.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

He has a good footballing brain. A good work ethic, seems to love the club. I'm sure he could achieve coaching badges whilst working here. 

And call me sentimental, but this career threatening injury may have (cos it's just rumours) been incurred as he was brought back from injury, too soon, twice, by his employers.

If we employed every ex player I have seen mentioned in posts that should be given a coaching club  job we would have a staff of about 400.

Cant be giving people well paid jobs on the basis of sentiment.

If he wants to go into coaching, has already been on some courses and the club has a vacancy then fair enough otherwise move him on. 

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we employed every ex player I have seen mentioned in posts that should be given a coaching club  job we would have a staff of about 400.

Cant be giving people well paid jobs on the basis of sentiment.

If he wants to go into coaching, has already been on some courses and the club has a vacancy then fair enough otherwise move him on. 

But I'm not talking about every ex player. Just this one. He's got more about him than most. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Exactly what Sergeant Tibbs said. The guys a leader and an inspiration with a never say die attitude. Good qualities for a coach if you ask me, far more important than badges!

It's obvious to me. I can't think of many who fit the bill over the years, probably the last one is the Bullen. 

But is that the criteria these days ? Does it has have to be 2/3 years of training at Lilleshall or some place I've never been, to end up like Stuart Pearce with more badges than Captain Mainwairing.

We're not Man City, we're Wednesday and we should be developing existing talent, not having to recruit it.

No dig at Pearce BTW, great servant to England. But last I heard he is working on talk-sport.

Guest domSWFC

I'd like Lee to stay around in some captivity. Pay per play contact with a coaching role and used for physio demonstration sessions. 

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

I'd like Lee to stay around in some captivity. Pay per play contact with a coaching role and used for physio demonstration sessions. 

Once Wednesday get you it's a life sentence! lol

• Haha 1

On 07/01/2019 at 21:34, FreshOwl said:

Jesus lord what on earth is wrong with them lol 

Sometimes you get a reaccuring problem which is caused by a different injury. Ive been struggling for nearly 3 months now as I've got tendonitus in the left knee,but was also causing me lower back pain due to walking disjointed becouse of it. Then due to the inflammation has trapped a nerve, so the leg is numb down from the knee down compounding the problem and complicating it further,so you never know. Physio and work sucks. lol

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But I'm not talking about every ex player. Just this one. He's got more about him than most. 

10 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Exactly what Sergeant Tibbs said. The guys a leader and an inspiration with a never say die attitude. Good qualities for a coach if you ask me, far more important than badges!

Like I said if during his spare time and absence he has looked into and gained the coaching qualifications and the club has an opening then I have no problem with giving him a role.

But if its just because he was a decent ex-player who you feel a bit sorry for then then no way should we employ him further then end of his contract.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised at all if you were not allowed to employ anyone as a coach without qualifications these days as regulations are a lot tighter.

Plus employing anyone without qualifications as a coach is a smack on the teeth to those people who have took the time and money to gain them.

26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Like I said if during his spare time and absence he has looked into and gained the coaching qualifications and the club has an opening then I have no problem with giving him a role.

But if its just because he was a decent ex-player who you feel a bit sorry for then then no way should we employ him further then end of his contract.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised at all if you were not allowed to employ anyone as a coach without qualifications these days as regulations are a lot tighter.

Plus employing anyone without qualifications as a coach is a smack on the teeth to those people who have took the time and money to gain them.

It's nothing to do with feeling sorry  him. It's about what he can offer.

I think he would great in a coaching role. Nothing to stop him working with the club if he was going through qualifying to be a coach. What's wrong with getting a helping hand from an employer he has served well.

Out of interest, how did Bullen get his coaching position at Hillsboro ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It's nothing to do with feeling sorry  him. It's about what he can offer.

I think he would great in a coaching role. Nothing to stop him working with the club if he was going through qualifying to be a coach. What's wrong with getting a helping hand from an employer he has served well.

Out of interest, how did Bullen get his coaching position at Hillsboro ? 

Bullen will have got the necessary qualifications. Has Kieron Lee? If not then end of contract its a handshake, wish him good luck and goodbye.  

Plenty of players have served Wednesday well, cant keep them all on coaching jobs. 

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Bullen will have got the necessary qualifications. Has Kieron Lee? If not then end of contract its a handshake, wish him good luck and goodbye.  

Plenty of players have served Wednesday well, cant keep them all on coaching jobs. 

You've missed my point, all the best.

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

So how do you pick out the future generation of managers?

I happen to think that Lee has demonstrated the right qualities as a player that shows he could have good potential as a manager. If (and it is still an if although looking increasingly likely) his career is finished due to injury then the next logical step if he wants to stay in the game is a coaching role. I don't doubt for a minute that he will need some qualifications (such is the modern game) but why shouldn't he get those qualifications with us (if he hasn't already got or is in the process of getting them) and then be given a position to start him on the next phase of his career?

38 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

So how do you pick out the future generation of managers?

I happen to think that Lee has demonstrated the right qualities as a player that shows he could have good potential as a manager. If (and it is still an if although looking increasingly likely) his career is finished due to injury then the next logical step if he wants to stay in the game is a coaching role. I don't doubt for a minute that he will need some qualifications (such is the modern game) but why shouldn't he get those qualifications with us (if he hasn't already got or is in the process of getting them) and then be given a position to start him on the next phase of his career?

Exactly