Hooper

Would have been worth his expensive wages if he could have stayed fit. Must be so frustrating to be a talented player who can’t avoid injury. 

As good as he is when he’s on the pitch, we can’t rely on him and we need him off the wage bill to fund more critical signings. 

Would be a no brainer for him, and id move to the states as well if in his position .

whats he got left to do, or prove here? Played in the CL with Celtic, gained promotion to the premier league. I’d much rather be living in the US with a better climate and he’ll be spoilt for championship golf courses 

So frustrating and typical of our striker purchases over the years. 

Great player, good attitude and a natural born goal scorer. IF he was available 40+ games a year over the 3 years we had him I'm certain he'd have scored 50-60 goals. 

Now is the time to get rid though, he's not getting any younger and this is probably a good move for him. Gets him off the wage bill. I'm determined that we need to start a fresh, we've had certain players way too long. Hoarding players as Chansiri likes too. 

OMG Gary Hooper is potentially the difference between top 6 and mid table he's the only player we have who can link play, keep possession 8 times out of 10 and score 1 in 3 chances. 

Cash in the chips? I'd rather keep him and hope we get 4 months of quality because from where I'm sitting Mr. 1 goal per 10 chances Fletcher is not going to score the goals we need to propel us up the table no matter how good his hold up play is. 

If we're gonna offload any fckrs this window we should be getting shut of Jones, Abdi etc. (MLS would be ideal!) and not a striker who could feasibly score ten between now and end of season... 

6 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

OMG Gary Hooper is potentially the difference between top 6 and mid table he's the only player we have who can link play, keep possession 8 times out of 10 and score 1 in 3 chances. 

Cash in the chips? I'd rather keep him and hope we get 4 months of quality because from where I'm sitting Mr. 1 goal per 10 chances Fletcher is not going to score the goals we need to propel us up the table no matter how good his hold up play is. 

If we're gonna offload any fckrs this window we should be getting shut of Jones, Abdi etc. (MLS would be ideal!) and not a striker who could feasibly score ten between now and end of season... 

Apart from nobody wants any of those players

22 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Apart from nobody wants any of those players

Well someone wanted Jones in the summer and we didn't proceed.

Honestly the 'cash in the chips' thematic banded around in this thread really does make me wonder.  Hooper wages probably GBP 400k between now and end of season.  This against a backdrop of annual 30m wage bill.

Yep let's save 400k vs play a player who is capable of firing us up towards play offs.  Yes his injury record isn't great, but he's our player, we know the value he brings to the team in terms of making us tick.

I'd rather sell FF his injury record not much better and he brings a lot less to team spirit - get 5m now that is cashing in some chips.  Saving 400k vs 30m is like putting a cocktail stick in one of the holes in the Titanic and praying it stays up.