FA Cup replays

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

I've seen Blackburn v Newcastle described as "the Alan Shearer derby"

Presumably the Middlesbrough v Newport game will be "the crap towns derby". 

Should be “the Keith Gillespie derby” and “the managers from Newport derby” 

Edited by Owls-Fan

3 minutes ago, newbster said:

I would love us to beat them in their own back yard but if not a packed our hillsborough would be a sight to behold

My point is one of principle to enhance the FA cup not one to be changed to suit circumstances 

21 hours ago, LittleG said:

Again, sorry but don't agree. If Wednesday had gone to Old Trafford and held the mighty reds to a draw, I would want and love to have a replay at Hillsborough and it would be something we have deserved

I agree with your point, but “mighty reds?”  Why would a Wednesday fan be up their a.rse like this? 

Guest LittleG
57 minutes ago, MartinOwlMan said:

I agree with your point, but “mighty reds?”  Why would a Wednesday fan be up their a.rse like this? 

It's just a saying, they've been referred by this in the media in the past; has nothing to do with any Wednesday fan being up their a.rse. 

11 hours ago, alanharper said:

Presumably the Middlesbrough v Newport game will be "the crap towns derby". 

Or the transporter bridge derby. Plus, there's an area of Middlesbrough called Newport; it has a Newport Road and a Newport Bridge (not the same as the transporter bridge).

2 hours ago, owl4528 said:

When do the FA announce the replays to be televised?

BT have got the Blackburn v Newcastle game live on Tuesday. I think we also play that night so will not shown on TV. Derby V Southampton is on Wednesday so will be shown on BBC

https://sport.bt.com/news/blackburn-v-newcastle-fa-cup-third-round-replay-to-be-shown-live-on-bt-sport-S11364323409554

Edited by BathgateBob

What a joke that is. Wealthy premier league club and frank lampards derby clearly need the extra TV income than Luton a club that has really suffered over the last 10 years or so.

Why do the bbc presume a reserve game in a half empty stadium is more attractive viewing then a full house with the reward of playing chelsea at stake. 

47 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

What a joke that is. Wealthy premier league club and frank lampards derby clearly need the extra TV income than Luton a club that has really suffered over the last 10 years or so.

Why do the bbc presume a reserve game in a half empty stadium is more attractive viewing then a full house with the reward of playing chelsea at stake. 

Why do the beeb continue to be remoaners, why do they pay chris evens 10 zillion a year (though he has jacked now cos of embarrassment ) why do the beeb give an antiques woman question time.....simply because she is,   err...a woman, why do the beeb allow a crisp salesman carte blanche on opinions to suit there own and pay him 10 zillion a year for the privilege...

Set of w@nkers lot of em

AIMHO of course :biggrin:

On 07/01/2019 at 13:17, torres said:

If it's so important  - why does hardly anyone go?

Glad you don’t have a say in the worlds most famous club cup , I don’t agree with you , have you forgot about the non league clubs who get a massive pay out and probably the only chance to play at a bigger club ,a cup games hold  some of my most outstanding  memories long may it continue . 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why do the beeb continue to be remoaners, why do they pay chris evens 10 zillion a year (though he has jacked now cos of embarrassment ) why do the beeb give an antiques woman question time.....simply because she is,   err...a woman, why do the beeb allow a crisp salesman carte blanche on opinions to suit there own and pay him 10 zillion a year for the privilege...

Set of w@nkers lot of em

AIMHO of course :biggrin:

What about BT who had the other choice