FA Cup replays

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Slightly off topic, but the thing that winds me up about the FA cup , is when broadcasters insist on choosing all premier league ties for live coverage in the earlier rounds.  You see these games week in ,week out . The live cup games should always be clubs in different divisions playing each other. Yes , they do show some of these live, but ALL the live games should be different division ties, not bloody all premier league ties. 

totally agree 

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Slightly off topic, but the thing that winds me up about the FA cup , is when broadcasters insist on choosing all premier league ties for live coverage in the earlier rounds.  You see these games week in ,week out . The live cup games should always be clubs in different divisions playing each other. Yes , they do show some of these live, but ALL the live games should be different division ties, not bloody all premier league ties. 

It will be Wolves reserves v Liverpool reserves tonight

The BBC will ham it up though

3 hours ago, torres said:

I think they should scrap all replays  - finish it on the day

The replay marathon against Arsenal was actually the catalyst that sparked our club back to life when we were dying on our árses. The cup has been devalued enough already without reducing it to penalty shoot outs for convenience.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Broadcasters pick the games they think will get the most viewers.

Virtually every Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs cup tie is shown live regardless of who they’re playing 

11 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Virtually every Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs cup tie is shown live regardless of who they’re playing 

Thus devaluing the competition 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Thus devaluing the competition 

True and the BBC shouldn’t be as influenced as commercial channels by the number of viewers. BT are looking to maximise their advertising revenue.

Even though Man U v Reading is an awful choice for a live game it probably had more viewers than any other game they could have picked.

I don’t think the BBC will be rushing to show us live again either after the Swansea replay last year

I still love the cup ,people may think I'm insane but id rather us win the fa cup than get promoted

as a kid I used to love the fa cup

everyteam played the best players

cup upsets

big attendences

in 1993 when we lost the final I was totally gutted

biggest disaster in modern football is how sky and money has ruined the worlds biggest cup tournament

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

The BBC dont have to worry about viewing figures as we are all forced to pay for it. They should show the lowest ranked teams or potential upsets. 

They peddle this "magic of the cup" stuff then show Wolves v Liverpool!!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, torres said:

I think they should scrap all replays  - finish it on the day

FA scrapped quarter final replays 2 seasons ago, and 5th round replays from this season.

It wouldn't surprise me if that filters into the 3rd/4th rounds in the next few years to help with "fixture congestion" favouring the big teams, and not thinking about the lesser ones.