Part timer

2 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

It may be off topic but can anyone remember getting a Pot Noodles At the match ?

don’t think They sell them at matches anymore It was like a snack and Soup as well I think I’m going out to buy a pot noodle

I remember a few years ago when they did the "Healthy option" thingy....Folk on the Kop were saying, 

"They got Taglietelli FFS!"

and a rumour went around that we had signed a striker from Juventus.

It looked bloody awful....

The best ever on the Kop were the hot mince pies cica 60's and 70's...only small and the crust was freezin' cold, but the meat inside was red hot...dunno to this day how they did it!

I always had one, even after having a bigger one from the "Hot Pies Inside!!!" man at the shop on Penistone...

Theres also a pub I recall that did ace sandwiches pre game...Its gone now and I can't remember the name...was off a side rd on Penistone..."devonshire???...or summat..Rose and crown?...

Honestly can't remember

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

It may be off topic but can anyone remember getting a Pot Noodles At the match ?

don’t think They sell them at matches anymore It was like a snack and Soup as well I think I’m going out to buy a pot noodle

Yep.

To stop me even asking for them anywhere else, my dad told me the only place you could buy Pot Noodles was Hillsborough.

I believed him until I was about 12.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

The attendance wasn't expected leading up to the game I was told by a programme seller - the one who shouts "Programmes three quid" up and down the aisles during the game.

I had his 3rd to last programme off him, as I couldn't get one outside the ground.

I'm guessing the learning curve is still just that - an upward curve.

I thought the attendance was at least 5k more then I was expecting so I can see why the club were caught outva little.

38 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s funny you mentioned the hotdog. I got one at the toytown game and couldn’t believe it was £4. There was no sign up to say how much it was. It was one of those hotdogs you get a fair - little scrawny thing. Still fuming now. 

Ikea hotdogs, Chansiri prices.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

The attendance wasn't expected leading up to the game I was told by a programme seller - the one who shouts "Programmes three quid" up and down the aisles during the game.

I had his 3rd to last programme off him, as I couldn't get one outside the around

I'm guessing the learning curve is still just that - an upward curve.

Still much to learn my young padawan. I bought his last program for £1.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, flo said:

Buying a hot dog at a football game is stupid and I'll be happy if you don't come back. 

Its always a disappointment buying a hotdog...Its the smell fo fryin' onions....

You smell the fryin' onions and think

"Oooh I'll have a hot dog..although the last one I had was crap"

So you buy one..and it tastes crap................

Then you pass the next stand after the f.ookin' bin...smell fying onions ..an' think

"ooh I'll have a hotdog...although the las..............."

I get done 4 times on Penistone every home game!!!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 4

Just now, steelowl said:

imo there is no other pre match grub  than a Beres  everything on except  apple 

4 lanes chippy is always busy, can never be ar*ed to join the Q though.....

Beres takes some beating, especially away days when the coaches went from Rawson spring rd, nr the factory...used to buy 3....one for on the way to wherever...one for prematch, one for on the way home.....

Had usually had all 3 before the f.ookin' Parkway roundabout.............

• Haha 3