Part timer

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

4 lanes chippy is always busy, can never be ar*ed to join the Q though.....

Beres takes some beating, especially away days when the coaches went from Rawson spring rd, nr the factory...used to buy 3....one for on the way to wherever...one for prematch, one for on the way home.....

Had usually had all 3 before the f.ookin' Parkway roundabout.............

kin ell 3  nice one andy mate  mind you i have jumbo extra crackle  doubt I could eat another for a few hours 

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s funny you mentioned the hotdog. I got one at the toytown game and couldn’t believe it was £4. There was no sign up to say how much it was. It was one of those hotdogs you get a fair - little scrawny thing. Still fuming now. 

Let it go hun.

14 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Surely no one ever goes to a place like a football match, a gig, or anything like that expecting top quality food and cheap prices?

100%, this is not a Wednesday issue, if you go to an event eat before you get there, pay half, more choice, less queues, better quality. 

15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its always a disappointment buying a hotdog...Its the smell fo fryin' onions....

You smell the fryin' onions and think

"Oooh I'll have a hot dog..although the last one I had was crap"

So you buy one..and it tastes crap................

Then you pass the next stand after the f.ookin' bin...smell fying onions ..an' think

"ooh I'll have a hotdog...although the las..............."

I get done 4 times on Penistone every home game!!!!!

There used to be a converted ice cream van park outside our barracks every night, not far from the NAFFI, even though they 

called him Dr Death, he did a roaring trade, and yes it was the smell of those onions.

16 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

How often you go is irrelevant in terms of opinion.

Your opinion is as valid as anybody elses. It's just an opinion.

I know some right drongos who go every week, and they don't know their arses from their elbow.

It's all relative.

Yeah exactly , several who post on here ! 

Back to topic , no idea why people would pay for that tat served up , but many do , so would help if they got it right . Against brum there was no food left in the south at half time and 2 young girls serving who weren’t exactly busting a gut to get the massive queue down . Another example of missing a trick revenue wise . It really is so simple , no idea why the club gets it wrong so often 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

One thing that hasn’t changed over the years is the poorly training / agency staff / students working on the bars having no idea on how to pull a pint (or an idea that there might be a rush around 2:30 and 3:45) 

Or the extra surge when everyone wants the 'last pint before...'

Went to an event somewhere, the mind you know, where they had large notices stating Bars Close 15min before KO.

Good job its not Hillsborough.

On 06/01/2019 at 15:40, TINGLE75 said:

I went to the Luton game yesterday. First game for a couple of seasons. Some might say my opinion means nothing as I hardly go. I loved it and miss it but due to family commitments and of course the much maligned financial side of match days that is why it's been such a long wait. As for the game I thought we played some decent stuff but it's clear we miss pace and penetration where it counts. I think we look to Banner far to much and other players need to step up and share the load with the creative side. Off the pitch, well my mate who was there with his son went to buy some much needed refreshments. He came back fuming with the wait, the service and the terrible product. Stale bread and cold hot dog- £4. He took it back and got his money back. I just thought sometimes it's the little things that make the difference to people like me coming back or staying away for a long time.

Glad you enjoyed it pal. I hardly miss a game home or away, your opinion is welcome. Hopefully you'll want to come to more when possible.

10 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Bring back Beres pies, some decent quality chips wouldn’t go amiss either

I very rarely try to buy food at half time, but did so recently - game before last.    Got to front of queue after about 15 minutes to be told no hot food.

Lots of things need changing, very few people got served in those 15 minute and I won't be trying to buy again any time soon.

25 minutes ago, rocky16 said:

At Birmingham game 2 young lads at refreshmeant bar before match obviously never done it before. Took 25 minutes to get cup of coffee & then told no milk. Didn’t apologise just said next please. Utter shambles. 

I was actually stood at the counter,waiting to get served, and all the kids behind were  just stood around talking and not paying any attention. 

On 08/01/2019 at 22:54, rocky16 said:

At Birmingham game 2 young lads at refreshmeant bar before match obviously never done it before. Took 25 minutes to get cup of coffee & then told no milk. Didn’t apologise just said next please. Utter shambles. 

Don't pay until you get your stuff....That bleedin' contactless wotsit did me the other week, ordered a bottle of water , paid contactless £2.50..I thought "its gone up again"..Then got a served a bovril....So i said 

"I asked for a bottle of water"

"ohh sorry, we will have to do it again"

I asked if he had cancelled the first transaction...he said 

"Of course..."

I paid again

Checked yesterday...Had he f.ook...

£4.70 for a bottle of water from a lyin' f.ooker it is then..

Not fit for purpose

I remember the picture of burgers inside Bolton's ground a few years ago .......lovely........ and then the reality - barely thawed out, no onions, dry as dust breadcake, no mustard/sauce.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

burger1.jpg

Burger2.jpg

Edited by Charles Clegg
Poor grammar! :-)