Part timer

I went to the Luton game yesterday. First game for a couple of seasons. Some might say my opinion means nothing as I hardly go. I loved it and miss it but due to family commitments and of course the much maligned financial side of match days that is why it's been such a long wait. As for the game I thought we played some decent stuff but it's clear we miss pace and penetration where it counts. I think we look to Banner far to much and other players need to step up and share the load with the creative side. Off the pitch, well my mate who was there with his son went to buy some much needed refreshments. He came back fuming with the wait, the service and the terrible product. Stale bread and cold hot dog- £4. He took it back and got his money back. I just thought sometimes it's the little things that make the difference to people like me coming back or staying away for a long time.

Went to watch Sparta Prague few years ago and my mate came back into the stadium at half time with a beer and a buffet plate with grilled sausages, pickles and some lovely rustic bread on it. Never bought food at a football match since. Can't be putting a pukka pie in me.

27 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

I went to the Luton game yesterday. First game for a couple of seasons. Some might say my opinion means nothing as I hardly go. I loved it and miss it but due to family commitments and of course the much maligned financial side of match days that is why it's been such a long wait. As for the game I thought we played some decent stuff but it's clear we miss pace and penetration where it counts. I think we look to Banner far to much and other players need to step up and share the load with the creative side. Off the pitch, well my mate who was there with his son went to buy some much needed refreshments. He came back fuming with the wait, the service and the terrible product. Stale bread and cold hot dog- £4. He took it back and got his money back. I just thought sometimes it's the little things that make the difference to people like me coming back or staying away for a long time.

The catering is far worse than the football on show , well most of the time !!!

24 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They save all the good grub for truefans - you get the password with your 3 year season ticket.

Ive only got the 1 yr season ticket, but took a hack at the password....got a double hotdog for 1/2 price...who woulda thought 

*Mug100%*

woulda worked lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It’s funny you mentioned the hotdog. I got one at the toytown game and couldn’t believe it was £4. There was no sign up to say how much it was. It was one of those hotdogs you get a fair - little scrawny thing. Still fuming now. 

Bet that didn’t fill you did it ? 

7 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

According to some, the improvement in catering is one of the big wins of the chairman. 

Decent crowd in the north and they didn’t even open all the outlets. 

Big queues. 

The attendance wasn't expected leading up to the game I was told by a programme seller - the one who shouts "Programmes three quid" up and down the aisles during the game.

I had his 3rd to last programme off him, as I couldn't get one outside the ground.

I'm guessing the learning curve is still just that - an upward curve.

9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I think it’s a very good reason not to come back but my advice would be to have a bite to eat elsewhere then no half hour queuing to endure . 

Full English in Sainsburys caff before the game £4-50 and very nice it was too

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

How often you go is irrelevant in terms of opinion.

Your opinion is as valid as anybody elses. It's just an opinion.

I know some right drongos who go every week, and they don't know their arses from their elbow.

It's all relative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1