Sheffield Wednesday fans and Sheffield United fans ought to stand together...

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

400 cops @£500 each, SAS would do it a lot cheaper with a couple of dozen :biggrin:

Yeah but would they be happy doing f@@k all just videoing stuff so they can kick someone's door down at two in the morning , five days later with twenty cop cars and then tweeting about how they are coming down hard on criminals :stuwinky:

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2019 at 19:58, shandypants said:

... to create a single voice for Steel City derbies to be held only on Saturdays. 

My guess is that this topic would be one of the rare few we’d all agree upon. 

You’re telling me that they want it on a Saterday?

Well actually I prefer if it was played on the Sunday:tango:

Over 200 thousand to police a football match is just a joke!! The club were billed £41,000 so that must be the cost of policing the ground and surrounding areas before and after the match. So was another £162,000 really needed to police Sheffield for another 4/5 hours after the match finished? I highly doubt it! SYP filling their pockets!

why has this come to a row on here about SYP. Whilst I have no love for them, and they hav said that 'from their point of view , it would be easier to police mid-week derbies', the decision to play this derby on a Mon. is NOT a SYP thing. The match has been switched to Mon evening to facilitate one company, SKY. They are the ones who 'requested ' a change of time, to fit in with their programming schedules.. The culprits in this situation are not the police, but the money grabbers at the FA and Football League, and the SKY broadcasters, wh.let's face it, are not there for the local, loyal fans, but for their lobal audience.

What we should be doing is to a) boycott the match, and b) boycott SKY. Return your subscriptions, and use Freeview instead of Sky! Most of it is rubbish anyway.