Sitting down at away games

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Great point Buxton. We need the choices back. Something for everyone 

I'm certainly not against people STANDING. In fact, were I able, I would join them.Unfortunately, many supporters seem to desire to stand throughout the match, without any thought for people behind. I would much prefer that we had designated standing and seating areas, and the rules enforced. I can understand people jumping up to celebrate goals. I did so once upon a time. But I have seen both sides of the coin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I'm certainly not against people STANDING. In fact, were I able, I would join them.Unfortunately, many supporters seem to desire to stand throughout the match, without any thought for people behind. I would much prefer that we had designated standing and seating areas, and the rules enforced. I can understand people jumping up to celebrate goals. I did so once upon a time. But I have seen both sides of the coin.

It would be dead easy to section off the back of the kop (above the gangway that runs full length south to north) and make that safe standing, at the same time creating a much noisier atmosphere.

4 hours ago, wawawuto said:

Fair play to Luton for bringing good numbers however I often look at away fans at Hillsborough and think, why do they sit down?

Why travel 4 hours on a coach sat down, to then sit down for 90 minutes of football, to then get back on the coach for another 4 hours sat on the coach? 

When teams like Luton, Norwich, Blackburn and Rotherham come and 3/4 of their fans are sat down, I'm always thankful that we (like Villa, Leeds etc) are one of the clubs where every single fan is stood up at away games.

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Sitting down at away games is a disgrace.

Yeah balls to the disabled, old or little kid behind you that’s only view is your thinning hair for 90 minutes 

Selfish  

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

FULLY AGREE, gandiaowl. The play-off final was completely spoiled for me. I have much difficulty in standing any length of time because of arthritis in the knees, possibly due to standing watching Wednesday for the first 50 of my 70 years of being a Wednesdayite. I therefore paid a high price to obtain a seat on Row 4, thinking I would be able to stay seated and jump up when we scored. Behind me were two old ladies, and behind them a youngster. Because the front two rows contained W'ites who spent most of the match on their feet, we had to keep standing and sitting as so saw little of the game. So a game was spoiled completely by people being selfish. This is why I agree with the 'Standing only' areas.

So you were selfish for your first 50 years, and now your not? 

I'm not quite as old as you, but I still went on our standing Kop, and it was amazing.

Surely you are being selfish by not wanting the younger generation experience that same feeling? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Yes balls to them .... 

And you, only 4’6 if I remember right. Oh and ginger too, what a poor hand you were dealt 

6 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Is was in T1 on the North today though and was staggered as everyone around me sat down as we kicked off. Last time I 'sit' there. 

Used to be where the cool kids stood, now you have to sit down in your stone island gear!!! 

Today it was full of Kop dwellers. Ordinarily the plastic seating is worthless around that end of the North. 

13 hours ago, wawawuto said:

Fair play to Luton for bringing good numbers however I often look at away fans at Hillsborough and think, why do they sit down?

Why travel 4 hours on a coach sat down, to then sit down for 90 minutes of football, to then get back on the coach for another 4 hours sat on the coach? 

When teams like Luton, Norwich, Blackburn and Rotherham come and 3/4 of their fans are sat down, I'm always thankful that we (like Villa, Leeds etc) are one of the clubs where every single fan is stood up at away games.

It’s so brilliant I can’t take my kids to an away game.