Jump to content
wawawuto

Sitting down at away games

Recommended Posts

Fair play to Luton for bringing good numbers however I often look at away fans at Hillsborough and think, why do they sit down?

 

Why travel 4 hours on a coach sat down, to then sit down for 90 minutes of football, to then get back on the coach for another 4 hours sat on the coach? 

 

When teams like Luton, Norwich, Blackburn and Rotherham come and 3/4 of their fans are sat down, I'm always thankful that we (like Villa, Leeds etc) are one of the clubs where every single fan is stood up at away games.

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they have paid so much for a seat , they probably want to gets their monies worth. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is was in T1 on the North today though and was staggered as everyone around me sat down as we kicked off. Last time I 'sit' there. 

 

Used to be where the cool kids stood, now you have to sit down in your stone island gear!!! 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be a rule that all away fans stand up to drive home the fact we want Safe Standing. Away fans are the most passionate of every clubs fans how better to make the point to the muppets at the FA/EFL.

  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Sitting down at away games is a disgrace.

 

Totally agree, should be a ban-able offence.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Is was in T1 on the North today though and was staggered as everyone around me sat down as we kicked off. Last time I 'sit' there. 

 

Used to be where the cool kids stood, now you have to sit down in your stone island gear!!! 

 

I think it's the top half of that block that stands up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Sitting down at away games is a disgrace.

Have you ever thought that there are some supporters that go can’t stand for up games anymore .

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but isn't Hillsborough supposed to be an 'All-Seater' Stadium. Should we be grumbling that people are not breaking the law, or even ground regulations?

  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TC4EVER said:

Have you ever thought that there are some supporters that go can’t stand for up games anymore .

 

Take it you don't go to any away games. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should. Be stand only at away games, tear all the seats out 

  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised how quiet the away end was today. Didnt make much noise did they!?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was standing areas in grounds then that’s ok.   However, where there is seating it is not.   Consider lRge people standing in front of people who are shorter or kids who cannot see the game.  I was at Stoke a few years ago And thought a seat was appropriate as I was on crutches at the time.  I saw very little of the game as everyone stood up for 90 minutes.  I could only stand for a couple of minutes at a time and most of the kids and many of the Wednesday fans could not see either.  Please don’t say “don’t go to away matches then”.   When there is only seating only at a match it is expected that people will sit on them and not stand and block the view of people around them.

  • Agree 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time that you should sit down at an away game is during half time, to have a rest.

  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Sitting down at away games is a disgrace.

 

not everyone is 18, pìssed and shouty. 

 

that might have summer to do with it.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wawawuto said:

Fair play to Luton for bringing good numbers however I often look at away fans at Hillsborough and think, why do they sit down?

 

Why travel 4 hours on a coach sat down, to then sit down for 90 minutes of football, to then get back on the coach for another 4 hours sat on the coach? 

 

When teams like Luton, Norwich, Blackburn and Rotherham come and 3/4 of their fans are sat down, I'm always thankful that we (like Villa, Leeds etc) are one of the clubs where every single fan is stood up at away games.

 

I have to stand up because the idiot in front of me is standing...

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gandiaowl said:

If there was standing areas in grounds then that’s ok.   However, where there is seating it is not.   Consider lRge people standing in front of people who are shorter or kids who cannot see the game.  I was at Stoke a few years ago And thought a seat was appropriate as I was on crutches at the time.  I saw very little of the game as everyone stood up for 90 minutes.  I could only stand for a couple of minutes at a time and most of the kids and many of the Wednesday fans could not see either.  Please don’t say “don’t go to away matches then”.   When there is only seating only at a match it is expected that people will sit on them and not stand and block the view of people around them.

FULLY AGREE, gandiaowl. The play-off final was completely spoiled for me. I have much difficulty in standing any length of time because of arthritis in the knees, possibly due to standing watching Wednesday for the first 50 of my 70 years of being a Wednesdayite. I therefore paid a high price to obtain a seat on Row 4, thinking I would be able to stay seated and jump up when we scored. Behind me were two old ladies, and behind them a youngster. Because the front two rows contained W'ites who spent most of the match on their feet, we had to keep standing and sitting as so saw little of the game. So a game was spoiled completely by people being selfish. This is why I agree with the 'Standing only' areas.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry, but isn't Hillsborough supposed to be an 'All-Seater' Stadium. Should we be grumbling that people are not breaking the law, or even ground regulations?

 

Yeah , because we wouldnt want those nasty people at SAG shouting at us .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

FULLY AGREE, gandiaowl. The play-off final was completely spoiled for me. I have much difficulty in standing any length of time because of arthritis in the knees, possibly due to standing watching Wednesday for the first 50 of my 70 years of being a Wednesdayite. I therefore paid a high price to obtain a seat on Row 4, thinking I would be able to stay seated and jump up when we scored. Behind me were two old ladies, and behind them a youngster. Because the front two rows contained W'ites who spent most of the match on their feet, we had to keep standing and sitting as so saw little of the game. So a game was spoiled completely by people being selfish. This is why I agree with the 'Standing only' areas.

Great point Buxton. We need the choices back. Something for everyone 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...