Why was Hutch not rested

Not everyone today put the kind of shift in they would have liked.

However, the current best first choice (who are fit for selection) barring Westwood were given a chance.

Who showed well enough today to we think?

Even Bannan showed some real sloppy passing for me today.   I can't really give much grief to anyone, but I can't give much praise either.

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

And there for we should be looking for another defensive midfielder, good when fit but can't be dependent on him. 

And we’ve known this for years but here we are still needing that type of central midfielder. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

This is all great in retrospect, but everybody I spoke to before the game was happy that we were starting a 'strong' side. A new management team obviously need to see the supposed first team line up.

It’s not really in retrospect though as we have been down this road many times before with Hutchinson. Bullen did the same thing around this time last year and hutch pulled up lame in the Brentford game not to be seen for months afterwards.

if you look at the team selection thread on here the majority had left Hutch out.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

A golden chance to impress for the 2nd string missed and a gamble that didn't pay off.

Dawson. 

Baker.Thorniley.Pudil.Penney

Palmer-Pelupessy

Winnall-Preston-Boyd

Nuhui.

Surely^ wouldn't have done any worse than what we saw today

IMO the general strategy of continuity and building momentum was the right one. 

I would’ve preferred to see Jones, Penney & Winnal get 90 mins under their belt in a confident side which has been playing well and against (relatively) weak opposition. Would’ve left Hutch, Boyd and Fox out. 

Ah yes, so easy with hindsight.

A player doesn't play "just pick the best payers and stop changing"

A player sustains an injury "why wasn't  he rested, we know he's injury prone"

Maybe everything appeared to be okay.

Maybe Hutch wasn't completely honest about how he felt because he loves to play.

Maybe he wasn't quite 100% and they were trying to make the most of "momentum".

However it panned out, it's a decision the team selector has to make without the benefit of hindsight and has tough decisions to make.

With so many supporters having opinions there's a high probability someone will be right.

The manager/coach is just one and has to find a way through.

Do you include one of the better players  at a club and hope you dodge the minefield risking criticism from the fans? 

Do you decide to exclude the player avoiding the problem risking criticism from the fans? 

Tough one. The coach has to answer for the decisions made and is paid to do so...

The manager who got the most games out of Hutch, rightly or wrongly, was CC. 

Both he and Hutch agreed that it was best just to keep him going while he could. Hutch doesn’t feel the rest benefits him, quite the opposite. 

Not saying that’s right, but I think that’s what we’ve seen here. 

I was surprised but as a new caretaker manager taking over for the first time after the team has seen a resurgence of positive results id have been reluctant to immediately come in and change anything. 

Think agnew just wanted to keep the momentum going. 

Was always going to be a tricky game. 

Edited by poite

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Ah yes, so easy with hindsight.

A player doesn't play "just pick the best payers and stop changing"

A player sustains an injury "why wasn't  he rested, we know he's injury prone"

Maybe everything appeared to be okay.

Maybe Hutch wasn't completely honest about how he felt because he loves to play.

Maybe he wasn't quite 100% and they were trying to make the most of "momentum".

However it panned out, it's a decision the team selector has to make without the benefit of hindsight and has tough decisions to make.

With so many supporters having opinions there's a high probability someone will be right.

The manager/coach is just one and has to find a way through.

Do you include one of the better players  at a club and hope you dodge the minefield risking criticism from the fans? 

Do you decide to exclude the player avoiding the problem risking criticism from the fans? 

Tough one. The coach has to answer for the decisions made and is paid to do so...

So what's your point. 

16 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

About time these highly paid players put shifts in.

If they aren't up to it, then no new contracts.

They bleated enough when Jos lost the plot.

So now it's the players you're criticising?

Still, you can't blame the manager yet, as he's not officially started.

You accusing others of bleating does seem rather ironic though.