Why was Hutch not rested

Not having a go but why was Hutch not rested today. It was his third start after not playing for a good while and it is well known that his fitness needs to be managed. All a good opportunity given we were playing lower league opposition in the cup. Thought it before the game and then he goes and gets injury. Why do we not learn this lesson? We often over players they need a rest and there is the opportunity to give them one. I don‘t understand...

We need to be pro-active with managing certain players rather than waiting until they feel something - when arguably it‘s too late.

Just now, We are all Wednesday said:

Not having a go but why was Hutch not rested today. It was his third start after not playing for a good while and it is well known that his fitness needs to be managed. All a good opportunity given we were playing lower league opposition in the cup. Thought it before the game and then he goes and gets injury. Why do we not learn this lesson? We often over players they need a rest and there is the opportunity to give them one. I don‘t understand...

We need to be pro-active with managing certain players rather than waiting until they feel something - when arguably it‘s too late.

Fan Law states that 'Your must play your best players  every single minute otherwise they are a clown'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hutch is good but fragile and you never know when problems will strike. Could be in first or any other any game after. You know it will happen just not sure when. real problem for manager as it causes a problem with bench.

Hutch does not like being left out, not happy if rested.

I was happy at the lineup, obviously that was before my eyes were subjected to that match mind.

Why did Hutch go off, I didn't instantly realise but obviously assumed he'd got a pull.

As an aside, an abject performance without losing gives the incoming team something to work with.    

20 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I'm with you. Thought he would have been on bench today given his history - he can't do too many games on the bounce so this was a good opportunity to give him a rest.  If he's been asked if he felt ok then he's bound to have said yes, that's the character he is and you wouldn't want him to be any different but for me the manager has to be prudent. 

Maybe because the coach(es) view our best three CM options as Bannan, Reach and Hutchinson therefore want to keep them together. It would be wrong to drop players on the basis of they might get injured. If he's fit and ready, he should play if that is deemed to be the strongest XI to do the job.

36 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Because if he was rested people would have moaned that he wasn't playing 

Four start in 10 days though for a player with Hutchinson's injury record and who hasn't started for months does seem like playing with fire though.

It's hardly a case of being wise after the event with Hutchinson when we've been in this situation with him so many times now.

And I'd hope they're going on more than just whether Hutchinson says he's alright before picking him.

Still, it's hopefully not so bad, and just a precaution as has been mentioned.