Van aaken off

58 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Funny.

I remember him landing 2 cross field passes and missing the mark the rest of the time. 

And having one decent run and pass with the ball.

Myth.

Well, you probably don't get to as many games as what I do.

11 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We don't know how good he is until a manager finds his best position in the team and can give him a run of matches. I think knee jerk reaction sales based on performances under JL should be avoided on players that are a bit of a unknown to us. We have plenty of other players who we know are not good enough after watching them play a lot of games for us. Youth is on van akken side. A short term loan deal may be what he needs to get his confidence up. Then let Bruce decide on his future. Am I the only person who is confident in saying that Fox is more of a known quantity and is not good enough for a top championship team. I would sell of Fox first before van akken if i was advising Bruce. Also because we have such an injury prone squad additions of better quality need to be bought before selling even our poor quality full backs ??

This is true, but we probably need to get a few players out, for us to bring some in We do also have Pudil and Thorniley who are left footed centre backs, and Rice coming through. Fox could also play that role. Currently, we are not even using a left sided player in the middle, so Van Aken’s chances would be limited.

41 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Our fans really do blow our own players up over as little evidence as possible 

Van Aken plays one good ball away at Cardiff and he’s suddenly Alessandro Nesta 

Penney does one dummy against villa and he’s Johan Cryuff 

Its like you forget how poor the rest of their game is and focus on that one moment 

Agree ....now the sympathisers analyse Fox every game to try and find something positive, when clearly he's not good enough and never will be

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Had a decent debut but every other game he’s played he’s looked poor. 

Slow. Weak. Can’t turn. Poor positional play. 

Need to move him on along with a few others in January to save us some money. 

JL tactics meant most players positional play was poor. Van akken needs to be looked at by a manager who knows where to play players first. We have players who been at the club much longer and are without a doubt not championship promotion material who need moving on before akken

4 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

JL tactics meant most players positional play was poor. Van akken needs to be looked at by a manager who knows where to play players first. We have players who been at the club much longer and are without a doubt not championship promotion material who need moving on before akken

He only played 1 match under JL didn’t he?

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The worst signing in our history and we have had some bad ones.

From his debut I could not believe what I was seeing from a professional centre back. The absolute basics of footwork that any centre back from probably 10th  tier football in this country would have were missing completely. 

You obviously weren’t around when we signed Simon Coleman or even worse Larry May!

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

A few sub appearances, but thats my point we cant judge him from that ??

True but he’s been here 18 month now. 

After his first 5 games Carlos dropped him and didn’t pick him again. Jos hasn’t picked him apart from the first game and Bullen didn’t bring him back into the 18. 

If we can get any money back for him then it should be an easy decision. Thorniley looks a miles better player.

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

True but he’s been here 18 month now. 

After his first 5 games Carlos dropped him and didn’t pick him again. Jos hasn’t picked him apart from the first game and Bullen didn’t bring him back into the 18. 

If we can get any money back for him then it should be an easy decision. Thorniley looks a miles better player.

I think he got injured against Wigan. Jos had him straight back in the squad at the first opportunity

Agreed Thorniley is far superior. Which in itself says a lot about van Aken as JT is a (somewhat effective) very limited player

Edited by McRightSide