Van aaken off

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Awful player, average passer too. Glad to get rid of the biggest myth on here about him being good on the ball

Hardly a myth. Had he come here with such a reputation but never shown any evidence of that then fine, but he did show evidence of it in his first month with us. But sadly that was it. I also remember a very nice ball-carrying escapade up the pitch against Cardiff away which I think resulted in a goal. The confidence just seemed to drain from him after the Pigs games though.

11 minutes ago, cowl said:

Hardly a myth. Had he come here with such a reputation but never shown any evidence of that then fine, but he did show evidence of it in his first month with us. But sadly that was it. I also remember a very nice ball-carrying escapade up the pitch against Cardiff away which I think resulted in a goal. The confidence just seemed to drain from him after the Pigs games though.

Funny.

I remember him landing 2 cross field passes and missing the mark the rest of the time. 

And having one decent run and pass with the ball.

Myth.

• Thanks 1

Guest Theboylangers

I still have nightmares reliving him getting skinned time and time again in the 2-4 defeat against the pigs. 

Can't see him ever making it a Championship level. 

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Personally, would like to see him play under a capable manager, in a well managed team before I make a judgement.

Interesting to see the anti club pretend apologists still negging a sensible positive suggestion.

Edited by Mr Farrell

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

He aint the only one DC`s " Advisers " hoodwinked him into signing. 

Wasn't there a club quote that they'd "looked at" !about 600 potential recruits.

Must've been some top quality players in that list. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

Our fans really do blow our own players up over as little evidence as possible 

Van Aken plays one good ball away at Cardiff and he’s suddenly Alessandro Nesta 

Penney does one dummy against villa and he’s Johan Cryuff 

Its like you forget how poor the rest of their game is and focus on that one moment 

• Like 1

Thought prior to his injury he would be worth persevering with to develop, but consecutive managers now don't fancy him for a place in the side it seems.

Perhaps most tellingly under Jos' reign when it seems the ball boys were getting games but he couldn't get near the first team.

Just hope it's a financially good deal and maybe a necessary sacrifice to free up some FFP wriggle room 

We don't know how good he is until a manager finds his best position in the team and can give him a run of matches. I think knee jerk reaction sales based on performances under JL should be avoided on players that are a bit of a unknown to us. We have plenty of other players who we know are not good enough after watching them play a lot of games for us. Youth is on van akken side. A short term loan deal may be what he needs to get his confidence up. Then let Bruce decide on his future. Am I the only person who is confident in saying that Fox is more of a known quantity and is not good enough for a top championship team. I would sell of Fox first before van akken if i was advising Bruce. Also because we have such an injury prone squad additions of better quality need to be bought before selling even our poor quality full backs ??

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Animis said:

once he was taken to the cleaners by Leon Clarke last season most gave up on him i suspect.

They didn't give up on Westwood who was taken to the cleaners 4 times in same game. If Bruce decides to let let him go then fine as he is qualified to make an informed decision. Get fed up listening to all the Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbauer's on here who really no jack. They would rather be proved right than hope the boy succeeds in the future. Just my humble opinion