Van aaken off

Way down the pecking order and after spending most of the last 12 months (but for pre-season training and the first three games of this season) injured, he needs games, so if he's not going to get them here then a loan move back to a league that's more familiar to him at least seems sensible. 

Then perhaps this summer the coaching staff can take it from there. Needless to say though, there'd need to be a major improvement in many aspects of his defending, and I suspect that ultimately he's not really going to be up to the Championship even with some better coaching.

Nice passer of the ball, mind. At least initially anyway, but the confidence just seemed to evaporate after the first 3 games or so.

Always thought it was so odd that when we signed van Aken and Venâncio, CC said that Venâncio was Championship ready but that van Aken will need a little time to settle - and then just proceeds to give van Aken his debut within days of him signing, and Venâncio didn't make his debut until CC's last game in charge about 4 months later.

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I honestly remember it being 200 defenders before we signed him?

I think it was, which says to me he didn't really know what he was doing. 

At the time our priority was to find a ball playing centre back to replace loovens, I think we lost sight of finding a complete defender and thus ended up with a player good on the ball but not much else. 

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

bl**dy hell that's 2 of you said that now  I've clearly forgotten just how big a search to get JVA

It may have been a figure of speech. 

Either way, the man does not have the attributes we need. 

Probably best all around if we get something for him, even if it’s just his wages paid. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Owl said:

Another baffling and bad signing. Lets hope these ridicolous speculative signings are a thing of the past. Had good vision and passing ability but his defending was awful, badly timed tackles, no positional sense, unable to read the game.

Still, im sure we will recoup knacker all for him along with a list of many others. We wonder why we never make any money

37 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

We paid a large fee for this guy and played him. Car crash defender. We loaned a far superior player in Venancio and didn't play him. Venancio was available to buy for 800k but due to embargo we couldn't do it.. typical wednesday. 

Spot on mate 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Remember his debut against Forest when he was pinging long passes around? That was the peak of his Wednesday career 

He could always ping them, just couldn't defend. No idea why we never tried him in midfield, stupid not to give it a try.