Van aaken off

The worst signing in our history and we have had some bad ones.

From his debut I could not believe what I was seeing from a professional centre back. The absolute basics of footwork that any centre back from probably 10th  tier football in this country would have were missing completely. Bullen must have been absolutely astonished when JVA turned up on the training pitch, you just would not know where to start and I am amazed Carlos played him as many times as he did despite extremely serious technical flaws that anyone could see, including the opposition. 

i wish the kid well but I think the only footballing future for him would be somewhere like China, Middle East or the states. 

1 minute ago, torres said:

“Very well” is pushing it to the extreme 

Can't argue 5 games three clean sheets and part of a settled back four. Whenever I saw him play I always thought he gave it his all and actually played well and ok granted not been to many games recently due to costs but he has it in him to be a good defender...maybe Bruce will help him 

7 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

I have heard Bruce is the man to do this it's a shame if he does go he couldn't have had some time with him there is a good player in there and has been thrown under the bus a bit with injuries and how Carlos treated him 

Trust me there isn’t a player there at all, certainly not a centre back. Bully would do a better job at 50 years old now than van aken would do today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

From his debut I could not believe what I was seeing from a professional centre back. The absolute basics of footwork that any centre back from probably 10th  tier football in this country would have were missing completely. Bullen must have been absolutely astonished when JVA turned up on the training pitch, you just would not know where to start and I am amazed Carlos played him as many times as he did despite extremely serious technical flaws that anyone could see, including the opposition. 

i wish the kid well but I think the only footballing future for him would be somewhere like China, Middle East or the states. 

Pretty bad, I’ll grant you, but the worst, Jordan Rhodes, for many many reasons

Just now, gurujuan said:

Pretty bad, I’ll grant you, but the worst, Jordan Rhodes, for many many reasons

Rhodes hasn’t worked out of course but he has been a player, you can see that even when he has been off form here.

Van Aken is not at professional footballer standard in the UK. He drives from the wrong foot constantly. I don’t even know how you could partner a centre back who does that, it would be an absolute nightmare. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

I just hope it’s a permanent deal and not a loan. Been horrendous considering we paid around £4m. His performance against United was one of the worst defensive performances I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough. 

Think the fee was nearer £2.5 M...…………..still far too much mind.

We paid a large fee for this guy and played him. Car crash defender. We loaned a far superior player in Venancio and didn't play him. Venancio was available to buy for 800k but due to embargo we couldn't do it.. typical wednesday. 

I think you would have to say Abdi is the worst signing, high transfer fee and salary, hardly ever played and no re-sale value. 

As poor a signing Rhodes was at least he scored a few and has some value left in him. 

Van Aken, granted, was a shocking signing it would seem. At least if he is loaned a slight chance remains he can develop. 

Abdi takes it for me. 

Guest addedtime
23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Abdi?