Van aaken off

40 minutes ago, pussface said:

Remember, we apparently spunked £4m for this half life defender, but couldn’t afford the £700k to secure Fred.

Joke and shambles wouldn’t touch the sides in describing how this club is laughably run.

We were under a transfer embargo so we couldn’t sign Fred.....nothing to do with not being able to afford the deal but don’t let facts get in the way of a good story eh 

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Our fans really do blow our own players up over as little evidence as possible 

Van Aken plays one good ball away at Cardiff and he’s suddenly Alessandro Nesta 

Penney does one dummy against villa and he’s Johan Cryuff 

Its like you forget how poor the rest of their game is and focus on that one moment 

In fairness we've not had many heroes in the past 20 years or so, it's easy to be judgmental when you can remember watching the likes of Waddle and Sheridan play!

2 hours ago, pussface said:

Remember, we apparently spunked £4m for this half life defender, but couldn’t afford the £700k to secure Fred.

Joke and shambles wouldn’t touch the sides in describing how this club is laughably run.

We are not the only club that make mistakes in the transfer market, not every

one guarantees success.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

What are the odds on JVA playing in the 2022 World Cup. 

It's the Wednesday Way! 

I'm guessing low. Particularly considering how good the Dutch look at the minute.

Guest Jack the Hat
30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

In a way I hope he does go. 

Not really for footballing reasons. More to expel to the history books the random transfer fees that people make up regarding what we paid for him.

Does anybody know how much we did actually pay for him?

15 hours ago, sw1867 said:

What harm could it do to give praise when he has upped his game. It may be over the top (isn’t in my opinion) but conversely the level of criticism he receives on recent performances is by far further away from reality.

Some people need to justify their entrenched position just to prove they haven’t got something wrong.

To top it all, this is criticism of a man giving his all whilst wearing a Wednesday shirt.

" Giving his all whilst wearing a Wednesday shirt" should be a basic job requirement, not something to be regarded as a specific attribute that warrants praise IMHO, which is what appears to be suggested here.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

So do you want someone who would run the club without any ambition but just do enough each season to plod on? Like a Mike Ashley

I’d like someone with even the faintest idea what they’re doing.

You consider Spending all that money on Van Aken good business? Or signing over 30 year olds on massive contracts?

Maybe you should give Peter  Ridsdale a call, sounds right up your street.

3 hours ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

We were under a transfer embargo so we couldn’t sign Fred.....nothing to do with not being able to afford the deal but don’t let facts get in the way of a good story eh 

Ah my mistake, that’s why we splashed the cash instead of signing two loanees. 

Transfer embargo doesn’t equate to financial difficulties.. cool story bro, cool.

1 minute ago, pussface said:

I’d like someone with even the faintest idea what they’re doing.

You consider Spending all that money on Van Aken good business? Or signing over 30 year olds on massive contracts?

Maybe you should give Peter  Ridsdale a call, sounds right up your street.

All I'm saying is, Chansiri seems to have the desire to keep moving forward, despite making mistakes.

We are in a better place for having him. It seems like he's learning from his mistakes, Steve Bruce is a top appointment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Van Aken is a classic example of the shameful transfer policy of Chansiri's current advisers. I'm hoping under Bruce it's brought back in House and Dc tells  Paxo  and his cronies at Doyen to get stuffed. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

All I'm saying is, Chansiri seems to have the desire to keep moving forward, despite making mistakes.

We are in a better place for having him. It seems like he's learning from his mistakes, Steve Bruce is a top appointment. 

^^^^This all day long. Too positive for some though.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

I dont think we are in a better place now compared to when Chansiri took over.

Mid table side then as now but everythng costs much more, had a transfer embargo etc.

Yes I know we got to play offs 2 years running but evidence since to me suggests little thought was given to any plan if we didnt go up.

Hopefully Steve Bruce is a step in the right direction though. More optimistic then I was a fews ago and will be interesting to see how things pan out.