Van aaken off

43 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think we are in a better place now compared to when Chansiri took over.

Mid table side then as now but everythng costs much more, had a transfer embargo etc.

Yes I know we got to play offs 2 years running but evidence since to me suggests little thought was given to any plan if we didnt go up.

Chansiri isn't giving up, I thought it was odd when Lee Strafford mentioned "Chansiri will not sell without SWFC being in the premier league"...and this was literally the day after the fans forum when Chansiri mentioned about selling.

Good times though, them 2 play off pushes. Alot of positive results and if your 30 or below, you'll be hard pushed for a better time to be an owl. All credit to chansiri 

16 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Chansiri isn't giving up, I thought it was odd when Lee Strafford mentioned "Chansiri will not sell without SWFC being in the premier league"...and this was literally the day after the fans forum when Chansiri mentioned about selling.

Good times though, them 2 play off pushes. Alot of positive results and if your 30 or below, you'll be hard pushed for a better time to be an owl. All credit to chansiri 

But for some dubious year two transfer dealings, and an unprecedented injury crisis (not unconnected) it might have been 4 years of success Can’t believe that some of our fans are so dismissive about what was achieved in those first two years

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But for some dubious year two transfer dealings, and an unprecedented injury crisis (not unconnected) it might have been 4 years of success Can’t believe that some of our fans are so dismissive about what was achieved in those first two years

Fully agree.

Some real short memories on here it would seem.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes but to me it was a bit of a failed gamble without a back up plan.

Really dont believe any thought was given to things if we didnt go up which is bad management rather then just a few minor mistakes.

Yes Steve Bruce is a good appointment though.

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I agree.

Probably the same fans who waxed lyrically when we signed these players, enjoyed the ride and are now speaking with 100% hindsight.

I know it’s petty but I probably blame Milan more than anybody.

When he sold to DC he said he would be always available for advice and it appears that advice was to go with Doyen.

Which given DC’s complete naivety about running a football club was akin to throwing him to the wolves 

Just realised that he is supposed to be going to Zwolle where we got Pelupessy from. They are now managed by Jaap Stam.

I find it interesting we are dealing with same clubs over and over again. Also whenever we were linked with a player Reading were also linked with them and now ex Reading manager crops up there. It is clear Agents have a pool and recycle things between them.

Think Jos two helpers he got from Holland both had Zwolle connections. 

Guest Grez Bez
3 minutes ago, Quist said:

Just realised that he is supposed to be going to Zwolle where we got Pelupessy from. They are now managed by Jaap Stam.

I find it interesting we are dealing with same clubs over and over again. Also whenever we were linked with a player Reading were also linked with them and now ex Reading manager crops up there. It is clear Agents have a pool and recycle things between them.

Pelupessy came from Heracles

Nielsen never played for Leeds

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Pelupessy came from Heracles

Nielsen never played for Leeds

I made a mistake if that is the situation.

I think Nielsen had trial with Leeds but someone pointed out it could have been Barnsley I know he was on trial when he cam to us.

42 minutes ago, Quist said:

surprised the Reading connection hasn't been noticed before tbh right from before day one actually 

46 minutes ago, Quist said:

Didn't we get Pelupessy from Heracles?

On 05/01/2019 at 16:38, steelowl said:

what was CC's comment we looked at 40 forty CBs and we got JVA  kin ell 

Try 200 apparently!!

On 05/01/2019 at 16:49, mcmigo said:

The worst signing in our history and we have had some bad ones.

From his debut I could not believe what I was seeing from a professional centre back. The absolute basics of footwork that any centre back from probably 10th  tier football in this country would have were missing completely. Bullen must have been absolutely astonished when JVA turned up on the training pitch, you just would not know where to start and I am amazed Carlos played him as many times as he did despite extremely serious technical flaws that anyone could see, including the opposition. 

i wish the kid well but I think the only footballing future for him would be somewhere like China, Middle East or the states. 

I have negged you for this comment t'other day and thought your comment of worst signing in our history was a big exagerration .. but just had a look at his stats, 15 games in 2 years, a couple of assured performances, rest look proper ropey and .. well not sure i fully disagree with you anymore! Not sure on worst, but certainly right up there for outlay in ££££