Jump to content

Kop


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

I was shocked to see Kop shut - can never remember that having happened in my lifetime tbh. It does not atmosphere psrticularly against s strong Luton following.

it is our home end after all. 

You're either about four years old, or you don't go to FA cup, League cup or friendlies. Wasn't it shut for Wolves game?  Think it was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Should have been Kop and South

 

Cup games where fans get displaced round the ground always get poor atmosphere

So all of us in the North end up with skanky seats in the South instead of in our own seats with the great view we pay for 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Without the band today getting the Kop rocking we were never going to win. 

 

That was the only positive today.

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Great view lol

 

Yeah of your knees lol

Leg room on the North as opposed to no leg room whatsoever on the South 

Much easier to exit the North than the south 

And the view is great 

If they are going to keep certain stands closed then there should be no reserving of seats at all so everyone gets a chance at the decent seats 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, squonk said:

Leg room on the North as opposed to no leg room whatsoever on the South 

Much easier to exit the North than the south 

And the view is great 

If they are going to keep certain stands closed then there should be no reserving of seats at all so everyone gets a chance at the decent seats 

I have more leg room on my seat on the kop than I had on the last 5 times I've been on either the North or South.

 

If kop had more toilets and better facilities it would be best stand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ItzzOwl said:

I get it wasn’t the most glamorous of cup ties today, but I just don’t get why the club would not open the Kop and instead have us not kicking towards our own fans at any point during the game. (Bar the sideways passing!)

 

Surely if it meant opening it up, but lowering the ticket prices, then that should happen. It might still only bring the same revenue in, but at least the players wouldn’t be kicking towards a sea of blue seats. 

 

Am I missing something? (Maybe there’s logic) 

 

Side note - fair play to Luton, that was a cracking following!

 

I said exactly this  I sIt on the kop and feel we could have geed the players up in the second half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Stupid idea empty kop. No atmosphere from our fans, and giving them full end created "home" atmosphere for them.

Although the performance was hardly inspiring.

Yet another useless ref also!

 

 

But you think having a practically empty Kop would create a better atmosphere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Without the band today getting the Kop rocking we were never going to win. 

 

The band can suck my proverbial.

 

Do they not get fed up of being told this every game?  Because they do get told it and they just give dogs abuse back as if they expect it.

 

They suck.   They even give abuse to OAP's who say to them they don't really like them.

 

Scum they are the band, full on bell ends.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the Kopites that bleet on about opening the Kop in order to create ‘a better atmosphere’.....

 

Do you remember the Chesterfield league Cup game where there was not a single song sang all evening?

 

Or what about when 900 Carlisle fans came and outsang the Kop?

 

Those were the only two games that I’ve been on the Kop for a long time, and I could not wait for the next league game to get back on the North. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

 

The band can suck my proverbial.

 

Do they not get fed up of being told this every game?  Because they do get told it and they just give dogs abuse back as if they expect it.

 

They suck.   They even give abuse to OAP's who say to them they don't really like them.

 

Scum they are the band, full on bell ends.

 

 

They blow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pompeyowl said:

For the Kopites that bleet on about opening the Kop in order to create ‘a better atmosphere’.....

 

Do you remember the Chesterfield league Cup game where there was not a single song sang all evening?

 

Or what about when 900 Carlisle fans came and outsang the Kop?

 

Those were the only two games that I’ve been on the Kop for a long time, and I could not wait for the next league game to get back on the North. 

 

Did you stand at that game, wherever you were?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...