Full Backs

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Yeah, wondered if their left back was usually a right back what with him being right footed and wearing the no.2 shirt. I was impressed with him, how much did Forest bid?

I am not certain of exact figure but article read said around seven figures. 

I actually forgot about numbers but the 2 on his back should have given it away. he did ok but you could see he would be very useful if played on right.

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

This love in with Fox recently is laughable. He his absolutely clueless. 

People keep going on about how he is our best attacking outlet but that’s because teams leave him in acres of space because of how bad he is on the ball. 

To be fair to Fox, he did well since Jos left.

But it shouldn't go un-noticed what a great job Matias and Hutch did supporting him, and helping defend down our left flank.

7 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Both full backs did OK today.  But his many times they had the ball and couldn’t attack the space down the line. It seems they prefer to cross from half way inside the opposition half instead of getting to the by line 

Noticed that but maybe they have been told they need to defend as a priority and not hare forward then get caught out of position and as a result (if that is the case) Fox has looked a much more solid player, but still shows for the ball going forward

Problem with Palmers crossing is that he floats it in every time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him whip it 

Towards the end of the game where he had acres in front of him and was travelling with the ball at pace, he decides to show down and float it in, I mean what on earth ? 

21 hours ago, Owls77 said:

An area that needs improving despite Fox and Palmer being much improved recently.

Thought that Luton’s left back for Luton (Justin James) was outstanding, strong in defence and great going forward and only 20.....get him signed up!

We signed Fox 2 years ago today from Charlton reserves, Charlton fans could not believe their luck and our stupidity. For 23 months he has been a liability, for the last month he has been average. If we play him every week until the 2023 season he may just be good enough for the championship. FFS let's get the full back positions sorted

20 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

We signed Fox 2 years ago today from Charlton reserves, Charlton fans could not believe their luck and our stupidity. For 23 months he has been a liability, for the last month he has been average. If we play him every week until the 2023 season he may just be good enough for the championship. FFS let's get the full back positions sorted

Not a fan then.....

lol

I am not suggesting he is the answer, we need much better. Hardly average he has been one of the better players and the reason why he came 2nd in the player of the month vote.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Pelupessi would be our best option at right back right now.

If we could get Penny in at left back too. We'd be OK. 

Even better if Hutchinson could replace Lees alongside Hector. 

A full back line that can both defend and play football. 

I might as well finish my team (when all fit) while I'm here...

Bannan & Lee in CM
Reach & Forestieri on the wings
Hooper & Fletcher up top

We'd win every game however many we want, nil.

4 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Not a fan then.....

lol

I am not suggesting he is the answer, we need much better. Hardly average he has been one of the better players and the reason why he came 2nd in the player of the month vote.

No I'm not a fan lol

I honestly think he is getting the sympathy vote because some horrible nasty people decided to boo him

The stats prove he is hopeless

21 hours ago, northeastowl said:

This love in with Fox recently is laughable. He his absolutely clueless. 

People keep going on about how he is our best attacking outlet but that’s because teams leave him in acres of space because of how bad he is on the ball. 

Thank the lord you said that, it is laughable.

Luton yesterday just aloud fox to have the ball because they know absolutely nothing will come of it.

All this nonsense that he was showing well and providing an outlet....an outlet for a backwards, square pass or shocking cross

Stifle bannan, reach and Matias....leave fox and Palmer to balls it up

Opposition teams always attack down our left, its not coincidence ffs