Full Backs

1 hour ago, Owls77 said:

An area that needs improving despite Fox and Palmer being much improved recently.

Thought that Luton’s left back for Luton (Justin James) was outstanding, strong in defence and great going forward and only 20.....get him signed up!

Looked a good player

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I really hope he wasn't as I  thought he was terrible, he's ok at the actual defending bit but going forward he's pretty clueless.  

He's the only one that looked to get forward and put crosses in. He was more effective as an attacking threat than most players today.

That's probably the problem with today's performance.

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

He's the only one that looked to get forward and put crosses in. He was more effective as an attacking threat than most players today.

That's probably the problem with today's performance.

Well, you saw something I didn't see he was no better or worse than any other player today to be fair, but going forward surely we need far better.

Palmer in last couple of minutes summed himself up as a player.

Great run in behind, handful of Wednesday players lining up for an easy pull back,  doesn't look up, just hit and hope, straight at the nearest defender. 

Cracking athlete, decent player, thick as mud. 

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Did anyone see the outlet Fox became and the quality he regularly put into the box?

Palmer got into good positions again but his decision making won't allow him to reach the next level. 

New RB first. Fox has earned time.

No I didn't see any sorry, 2nd half crosses from Fox were embarrassing

The two Wednesday full backs were not our worst players on the day. They have both improved in last few weeks and performances are becoming more consistent.

They can both do a job but both have limitations. Fox has no pace which in this day for a quality full back at this level is essential. Palmer is not good at the final ball which has always let him down. He also has had an habit of losing concentration but this appears to have been overcome. 

The lad who played left back for Luton did well today, but when I realised he was a right back just filling in at left back it was all the more note worthy. Forest apparently have had a bid for him rejected but he is the type we need to look at. Young player who looks a good athlete comfortable on the ball was good defensively and posed a threat going forwards. I sincerely hope Mr Bruce and co have taken note but this is the type of upgrade we need in various positions if we are to reach Premier League.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

The two Wednesday full backs were not our worst players on the day. They have both improved in last few weeks and performances are becoming more consistent.

They can both do a job but both have limitations. Fox has no pace which in this day for a quality full back at this level is essential. Palmer is not good at the final ball which has always let him down. He also has had an habit of losing concentration but this appears to have been overcome. 

The lad who played left back for Luton did well today, but when I realised he was a right back just filling in at left back it was all the more note worthy. Forest apparently have had a bid for him rejected but he is the type we need to look at. Young player who looks a good athlete comfortable on the ball was good defensively and posed a threat going forwards. I sincerely hope Mr Bruce and co have taken note but this is the type of upgrade we need in various positions if we are to reach Premier League.

Yeah, wondered if their left back was usually a right back what with him being right footed and wearing the no.2 shirt. I was impressed with him, how much did Forest bid?

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Did anyone see the outlet Fox became and the quality he regularly put into the box?

Palmer got into good positions again but his decision making won't allow him to reach the next level. 

New RB first. Fox has earned time.

Fox has been one of our better players the last two games. but the boo boys carry on. What a bunch of tools.

• Like 2